Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 MULTIPLAYER GAME... plz help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:26 pm   Post subject: MULTIPLAYER GAME... plz help

I need some help making a game multiplayer. I will have to have around 10 variables sent between up to 5 clients and I need a chat system integrated into the game.
right now I have the unfinished game which is downloadable. just PM me or give me some help.
I am posting the source file for an easier way of getting help but I am asking that noone uses my game, but it is ok if you use some of my code.

[edit]please comment on my game too
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

comments would help
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would you make a new thread for the same question?

you don't actually have any networking in your game Confused

how about you try to put together a chat without the game first.. easier without another 700 lines of code getting in the way. Then it would be easy to incorporate.

Sending data to other players is simple. Same as any other message you would send, just a bunch of numbers and a tag to let the client know its data, not text.
iker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First thread wasn't getting any helpfull replies, so it can be locked if necessary.

Don't have any GOOD networking on any other program, so i couldnt add in any networking because it would just be wasted lines right now.

attempted many times, and just as many times came close to, but still failed.

and it probably is easy, but I don't quite understand the commands fully yet Confused
iker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

totaly forgot that you need a new font installed for the game to look proper
anyways, plz comment on my game
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: