Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Inputtting Text Questions
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Da_Big_Ticket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:14 pm   Post subject: Inputtting Text Questions

When you have a program that is using a picture for a background, lets say made in photoshop, turing leaves a white bar behind the text as you input it. I know of the commands picundermerge and colourback hoever these do not get rid of the white background as you are inputting the text. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? Theres at least 5 people in my class that would like a solution to this problem.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am not sure you can with get and put, try looking through the help file for solutions.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If the color of your image is contant throughout then you can use colorback(x : int) command where x is the color of your background
if its not constant, use the shade that will look good with it.

OR

Use Font.Draw look it up, it doesnt need a background "white box"
beard0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
Use Font.Draw look it up, it doesnt need a background "white box"

This is the better option, as it allows you to change your background later. Also, this only explains output. For input, you will need to use View.Set("noecho"). This makes it so that what is typed doesn't appear on the screen. When you do that though, the user will think it's not working, which means you need to get your input using getch - one character at a time. As you do so, you will need to then use Font.Draw to show what is being typed on the screen.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You've already asked this question.

If you need more help, just post again in the same thread. No need to start a new thread asking the same thing, hoping a slightly different answer will appear!

Have you read the tutorials I linked to in your other thread? Do you understand how to use fonts? Do you understand how to use getch?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: