Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Commands for Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Token

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats amazing! I really want to help but I need ideas and my brain is drained from exams right now, i'll work on it a but tonight and then thursday is my last one so i'll be able to give it more focus
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That is great, See that is what I am looking for with this. Keep it up. Don't worry about not helping, I will have the starting later this month so people can finish exams.
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

StarGateSG-1 wrote:
Don't worry about not helping.

lol, im not sure what you mean by that. At first I thought it was sarcastic, then I read it over and saw that it's a double negative, so it's like saying.
"Worry about helping".
But then I starting thinking of it as lets just hold off till the end of the month so we can be more organized without exams in the way (like you said)

. . . I think all that english bull**** those damn teachers were trying to click into me are hitting at the wrong time . . .
StarGateSG-1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what else can I say Lol, nice rant - I think??
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i was reading about the oval drawn, can't you do this simply by rotating an oval?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

As in, Pic.New, then Pic.Rotate? Seems like unnecessary processing, to me. But still, any Draw.Fill types that we make are bound to be slow, because they must either be done with lots of drawdots, or make an outline of drawlines and then do a drawfill.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

How about something like Pic.Fade or Pic.Opacity. Then you could have the syntax like this:
code:
Pic.Opacity(picID, opacity) %or maybe
Pic.Opacity(picID,opacity,backgroundcolour)

3d box thing is really good.
Token

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe a simple little thing that finds the average of an array

k so to sum up this thread and the other one, this is what we've got so far

Quote:

Rotated draw oval
3D box - completed?
GUI
Thick basic shapes
Pic.Opacity
Triangles
Array average
Better sprites
Music player
Array Shuffle (2d arrays)
Draw line that works off slope
Slope Func
LCD (lowest common denomonator)

if u have any to add to this copy and paste the list and add whatever it is you have to offer to the bottom, try to keep this list as current as possible, or maybe even post it at the beginning of this thread StarGate

Edit:thanks Jorbalax for clarifying the shuffle one
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Jorbalax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I plan to add on to ArrayShuffle, by including the commands to shuffle two dimensional arrays.
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im working on a really user friendly 3d class but the only drawback is that it will use lots of classes and stuff so it wont be as fast as my optimized 3d engine... also, should it read .raw files or .ply files? i would prefer ply files because of speed issues. if i were to read .raw files i would convert them to ply anyways for speed bonuses but loading times would be dramatically increased (loading times of models)
Drake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Definetly the GUI. I'm still angry about not being able to use any of the GUI.Alerts. Which ones are you working on first, anyway?
Token

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It all depends on who wants to work on which ones first

i'm working on the bold basic shapes, at the moment and also the triangle one. most of them have creators working on them right now, other than the ones i mentioned like slope, lowest common denomintator... actually i think i'll take the 5 minutes out of my time to do slope right now Laughing but the thing is if were going to do math, we cant add to the Math module that holtsoft made, we'd have to name it somthing like AdvMath or somthin

so most of them have people working on them, although GUI dosent, i dont think
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, we could always go GR9Math.Slope Very Happy. Actually I was thinking more along the lines of maybe Math2 or something like that. "Advanced" is relative.

Here's another suggestion:
create a cfor command or something like that. I really hate it when you have to do something longer than it should be to change a for loop to go back down or up (decreasing command-like).
like when you have
code:

proc checksomething
   if blah > cjah then
       cfor(down,1,10,1)
    end if
end checksomething
cfor (up,1, 1, 10)
%stuff goes here
checksomething
end for

It's just a quick idea, just remembered that, not sure if its even possible Confused. I'll have to think on it more later.

Syntax would be:
code:
cfor(up/down,forID,startnum,endnum)
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Slow down, fellas. There's nothing stopping you from editing Turing's built-in modules.
I've attached Turing's Math module, with an addition of my own (angle finder). Go to the turing install folder\Support\predefs\ and replace Math.tu with my file. (Don't worry, it works just fine and will not screw up your copy of Turing. If you don't trust me, make a back up of the original Math.tu) Then, run the following code:

code:

Mouse.ButtonChoose ("multibutton")
var x1, y1, x2, y2 : real
var mx, my, btn : int
var firsthit := false

loop
    cls
    mousewhere (mx, my, btn)

if btn = 1 and firsthit = false then
        firsthit := true
        x1 := mx
        y1 := my
    end if
    if btn = 100 then
        firsthit := false
    end if
    if firsthit = true then
        x2 := mx
        y2 := my
        drawline (round (x1), round (y1), round (x2), round (y2), black)
        locate (1, 1)
        put Math.Angle (x1, y1, x2, y2)
    end if
    View.Update
    delay (10)
end loop

Math.tu
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Math.tu
 Filesize:  5.61 KB
 Downloaded:  76 Time(s)

Token

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh so that would make it much simpler, this way we wont have to import the files each time when we're working with it, i think for now we should just keep them in separate modules and then start incorperating it into their respective sections afterwards
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 8  [ 119 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: