Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Locate, Dissapear!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sure, you've got a point. I don't agree completely with it, but I see where you're coming from.

But what confuses me is why you chose to make a statement like this in this particular topic. There are many topics that are far more spamish than this in [Turing Help].

vahnx wrote:

Turings walkthrough is boring.

How could it be improved?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It is fine how it is...

Wonderful coulors, good links.. what more could you ask for?
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, they are entirely different issues. Oh I agree that complaining about the walkthrough is akin to saying "I'm lazy, I couldn't be bothered reading the walkthrough, please hold my hand." If I complained about every post I didn't agree with that's all I would be posting. As you may know, I've been teaching Computer Science for eleven years. What I key into are issues that effect learing. From what vahnx wrote, I'd imagine that he would prefer you just take his code and fix it. I don't think that's in his best interests however.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You people do not understand. The Turing Walkthrough isn't good help because each explination links to other explinations of terms it's using to explain, therefore and endless loop until it redirects you to the "put" statement. I am computer illeterate. I want things to explain like a retard.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vahnx wrote:
You people do not understand. The Turing Walkthrough isn't good help because each explination links to other explinations of terms it's using to explain, therefore and endless loop until it redirects you to the "put" statement. I am computer illeterate. I want things to explain like a retard.

I don't think it is a loop. Sure, the tutorial on arrays requires that you understand variables and the primative data types, but the introductory tutorial that teaches variables and primitive data types does not require that you know arrays.

Rather than being circular, it's linear.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: