Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Transparent GIF/PNG with MS Paint.
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:39 am   Post subject: Transparent GIF/PNG with MS Paint.

Can it be done?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think there is a way to make a single color transparent if you use 8bit color (for gifs at least), as I remember doing it at some point. However... I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

To my knowledge, MS Paint doesnt have the capabilities of creating pixel transparency. I suggest just picking up Photoshop or something.

[[]] Photoshop [[]]
Use magic wand, select the background (in which you wish to be transparent...owell, lets just kill it =) ), then press delete. Set it as a different layer (background), then delete all layers by the name of background. I forget what you do after that though, sorry, havent worked with Photoshop in quite some time.
iker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that if you press ctrl + rightclick on a color, that becomes the transparent color. Also, for all of those XP users who hate that you can't increase the size of anything by pressing + or decrease with -, press ctrl + + and ctrl + -. There are alot of other things aswell unknown about ms paint, but I don't feel like going into depth.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

iker wrote:
I think that if you press ctrl + rightclick on a color

And that is why UI in Windows is a piece of crap of a maze.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
edoxus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is kind of off topic, but isnt it sometimes Paint the best tool to use.

I love doing some things manually. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: