Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 graphics help
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:19 am   Post subject: graphics help

i dont know where to put this, so its going here... move it if you wish. but to the point. when you are creating graphics you can import pics as we all know, so how could you import a pic into photoshop. but gradually make part of the picture, such as the bottom fade into the rest of it... kind of like having part of the picture fade into complete transparancy? using photoshop
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya you can, i've seen my friend do it, but i dun exactly know how... sry but you can just browse through photoshop's help section and i'm pretty sure u'll find it
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

import your pictures in different layers... then right-click on the layer that you wish to fade... goto blending options... adjust the opacity as much as you want it to fade... click ok... Done!
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you can also add a gradient mask (greyscale ie. black to white) on the layer if you want some to be transparent and some not to be and some to be in between.
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i know how to make my layers transparent... i want to make part of a layer more transparent than another... i've also used gradient, i know how to do that too. i just dont know how to make part of my picture transparent... i havent found a tutorial to do it. but i know you can because my friend (if any of you know him - ssj07vegeta) do it before, but he doesnt remember how he did it... dumbass was prolly drunk when he did it
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I feel that Asok is right. You gotta use gradient mask
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: