Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mario Bros. has one annoying problem
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:30 am   Post subject: Mario Bros. has one annoying problem

EDIT: Im on a continuing journey trying to fix the problem with my MarioBros Applet, as soon as its fixed i will re-post it.

ignore replies as they are outdated
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW its been a month and i check and no one has replied?! Someone told me my program wont work... hmm thats wierd it works on my comp.. Does anyone kno why it mite not work on someone elses computer? I used eReady to program this game. Its also an applet.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, it would help if it worked... THe applet loads up, plays the music and thats it. The only thing on the gray screen is an 'X'.
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats wierd... i dunno why.. do u kno how i can implement the applet in an HTML file? that way i can atleast post it up on the internet
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i hav the HTML file but the applet doesnt work on that either.... Screw this.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't have a lot of any Java knowledge, but it might be something with using Mozzila/Firefox or missing the Java plugin. Not sure, I would test it out for you, but I don't have Internet Explorer on this computer... Is that what you are using?
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i tried it on both, and both of them play the music but nothing shows up... On Mozilla it shows a gray screen and the music plays. On IE it shows a white screen with a small icon on the top left corner (its a small white paper with and X on it). It also plays the music on this.

THe error must be in my code.. But Ready to Program by Holt Software runs it fine... Confused except flickery
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tried running it on Ready to Program and one of your import packages doesn't seem to exist.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do u kno which one it is?
BladeOfDeath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

java.awt.geom.*
mbegranny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah Java can be gay like that at times. I was having the same problem when making a physics presentation in an applet. still trying to figure out what happened.
Spartan_117

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mbegranny wrote:
yeah Java can be gay like that at times. I was having the same problem when making a physics presentation in an applet. still trying to figure out what happened.

Well i've figured out the main reason mine isnt working is because i was using Ready to Program by Holtsoft. DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!! NO LIE!!! IT USES THE WRONG COMPILER!!! It made my mario game work, yes, but i was doing everything wrong!! Now the only thing my program works on is RTP (Ready to Program). Which is useless! I hope your not using it, and if you are I highly advise you to delete that peice of junk and start using something else!!! IM DEAD SERIOUS!!! I DONT WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO GO THRU THE SAME SHIT I DID. Try JCreator, or NetBeans. Those two are quite good. Or jus try your good old Notepad and DOS.
goboenomo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Spartan_117 wrote:
mbegranny wrote:

Well i've figured out the main reason mine isnt working is because i was using Ready to Program by Holtsoft. DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM!!! NO LIE!!! IT USES THE WRONG COMPILER!!! It made my mario game work, yes, but i was doing everything wrong!! Now the only thing my program works on is RTP (Ready to Program). Which is useless! I hope your not using it, and if you are I highly advise you to delete that peice of junk and start using something else!!! IM DEAD SERIOUS!!! I DONT WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO GO THRU THE SAME SHIT I DID. Try JCreator, or NetBeans. Those two are quite good. Or jus try your good old Notepad and DOS.

Uh oh... i use Ready to Program Java...
for school...
i have no choice Sad
can i see your mario program?
Can u send me this "something else" you are using?
codemage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

A lot of the Ontario schools use R2P because they can wean students off of Turing onto Java using the same interface.

It's not the best compiler for Java by a long shot, but that's the reasoning behind it.

I doubt the teacher would let you use an alternate program (since you'd be introducing a load of additional complication) - but you could always ask.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Nono, it's not complication, it's reality. Also, RTP isn't a seperate compiler, it uses the normal Java compiler, but you are importing an external library.

I am sure people are tired of the Turing environment by the time they finish.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: