Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Server
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:32 am   Post subject: New Server

Over the next week i will be moving the site to a new server. This means that if u have a compsci.ca email you most back up (download) the emails you whont to keep b/c they will all be deleted. Also if you have web space with compsci.ca it maybe moved to a new subdomain or url. You should contact me if you have a subdomain. Also if u whont to chage your subdomain or email this whould be the time to ask. If you have the right to hosting with us (such as compsci.ca staff do) this whould also be the time to ask for more space or any space if u have none.

There will be a time this week when i will make a post about copying the database affter i make that post no posts made affter it will be moved to the new server thous it will be rolled back. If any users have requrests for emails, hosting, subdomain, forwording, for any other chages or adations now whould be the time to ask for them. If we are lucky the trasfer of the site will go off with out a problem and you will not notice any difrence.

P.S. If you post any files in your posts or make any chages to your e-mail or webspace they will be rolled back at this time. This means that if make a post with a file right now, the post will be moved over but the file will not.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool.. so whts new with this server? is it faster? more reliable? less roll-backs?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, yes and hell yes. Also has move space, more bandwith and full ruby on rails suport. I will post all the details latter.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You rock, dan Very Happy Does this mean v3 production can go ahead now?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
You rock, dan Very Happy Does this mean v3 production can go ahead now?

Idk what is going on with v3 to tell you the truth but this server chage will not hurt it at all. It has been exteramly busy since school started so i have not had a tone of time to even think about v3.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahh, can you back up my email for me? I can't access it from work (proxy error) and I won't be getting my own computer or internet until the 25th.

Thanks.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Ahh, can you back up my email for me? I can't access it from work (proxy error) and I won't be getting my own computer or internet until the 25th.

Thanks.

Not easyly if at all. I maybe able to reset your password and then do it my self but i am not shure if even then i will be able to.....
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can I just give you my password and could you forward the messages since Sept 25th to me?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
brenn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm.. so, can I ask for e-mail and space? Very Happy

Why the new server, Dan?
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: