Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Better Turing!!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Would you email holtsoft and Complain about turing?
(Voting is closed)
Yes I would
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Depends on how many ppl are doing it
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Maybe
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: Better Turing!!

guys, we should all email holtsoft and complain to them, then maybe they'll make turing better faster, gimme ur responses
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

orr... maybe you can make a better, faster programming language Rolling Eyes
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing's fast enough. I haven't really noticed a speed problem. Graphics, yeah, but then again if I wanted graphics I'd just use DirectX.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

orrr, maybe if i'm done highschool, then universit, get my masters then my ph.d i will ass
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or maybe we could say screw turing and go learn c++ or java... =Þ
I used to like turing for it's simplicity but about a month ago when i saw more advanced programs i just stopped programming with turing!
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flaming (sort of) Moved to spam (hah! beat ya to it asok Razz)
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you don't like turing, then don't do turing. it's as simple as that. Computer Science isn't a requisite for any universities.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the point is... turing was never ment to do what some of us pull out of it... It was suppost to be a language for small text based calculator programs... But then when you start pushing turing beyond its limits (which isn't too hard to find) then issues come up...

but by this point you should realize that other, better languages are out there 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

exactly... that's why i have stopped using it(well almost =Þ Wink )
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol. programming is only one of my hobbies. but i have to be in the mood to do it. things change for periods of time for me... i havent made a program in a long time. but once i get in the mood to do it again its not gonna be a turing program i make.. its gonna be a C++ Very Happy

java sucks! hahah i'm never going there
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

turing may be slow (not just graphics, calculations too) but it has a very good set of features for being a learning language. If you dont like turing move on, the essentials of programming are in all languages
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with that... turing is a good program to start with... and i think i have worked with it enough already...so i'm moving on toreal programming =)
Asok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what's with you people? e-mailing holtsoft accomplishes nothing. They don't care about you, they aren't here to accomodate you. Then u get into the "protestor mindset" and you decide sending many e-mails from many people will change their minds. News Flash, u probably recieve over a hundred spam mails a week, does that make you want to buy a mortgage? or pay to see nude pictures of a russian prostitute named Pam? No, why? because u don't give a shit, it doesn't matter how many e-mails u recieve, there is always the delete button.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Emailing to them right now Very Happy boooyeah naked ladies Wink
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but it might work if we all say we are going to BUY a turing cd... Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: