Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hall Of Shame
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:32 pm   Post subject: Hall Of Shame

Hall Of Shame

This topic is for show how low people and go when it comes to programming. By this I mean it is quotes and stores about relay stupid things people say or do when it comes to programming and computers (note this is not to make fun of any one who is new to programming but people that are lazy and do not whont to do any work. Such as spamers, dum teachers, or people who ask for other people to do there work for them.) We don't whont this to turn in a major flame war, we just to whont to piss the cheaters' off Wink

I will start us off with the 1st entry to the hall of shame:

User Name: skatelhs

Data: 22 May 2003 12:28 pm

Source: CompSci.ca

Category: Cheater

Quote/Story:

1st post:
skatelhs wrote:

**asks question**

Theres the test question ive gotta do in the next hour. If some one could PLEASE give me the turing code for this I'd do anything.

Thanks.

His re to some one helping him:
skatelhs wrote:

Hey,
no, thats it! the whole damn test. you just got me perfect!
Actually if you want to do somethin real nice... You can make a seperate copy of that assignment, for my freind. just different variable names and stuff so it doesnt look like he cheated. That would be super.
thanks guys!
adam

Comments:

Do I relay have to say anything for this one? The only thing sadder then the facts that he did this and that some one helped him and that he could not change the variable names is that he gives the name of the school he goes to in the same topic! I am so hoping that his teacher finds out. Cant even change the variable names, and he will probley pass compsci Sad .

P.S. Plz, use titles such as theses when posting in hall of shame. Also only relay bad stuff like cheating, ect.

P.P.S. Plz not re's to the stories in this topic I whont to keep it nice and clean.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some stories I remember... was about a year ago I guess..

User Name: unknown

Date: a year ago

Source: BJ's forum (if anyone remembers)

Category: "can somebody do my project for me?"

Quote/Story:
Quote:
I am an A+ average student and I know turing really well, but I don't have time to work on my final project. Can somebody do it for me, or my average will drop

Lol, dont rememer who.. ether Darkness or Dan replied to that with A+ average? Not anymore

Quote:
I'll pay you $50 to do my final project for me

From same source... some guy from BC was offering people $50 AFTER he would recieve documented source code for a project and would get a good mark on it... then if he would happen to come to Toronto (where most of us... or around this area live) he would pay up... Ya, right Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

User Name: n/a

Date: beginning of this year

Source: old OOturing forums

Category: Lamer

Quote/Story:

i once posted the code for an animation of a snowman with some nice falling snow on the old ooturing forums last year and this year some n00b in my comp sci class who didn't realize i made it actually tried to pass it off as his own to impress me. he thought Mike wrote it. it's a good thing that was right before the new forum went up so i could dig up the post and prove him wrong... that dumbass!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its this time of the year again... Projects time!

Username: Taw

Date: today... June 5, 2003

Source: http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=127

Quote: Hello, Anyone out there have a game code? Any game will be ok, i'll prefer simple games like pong, blackjack and stuff. Thx
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

some girl in my grade

User Name: N/A

Date: 2 weeks ago

Source: my memory

Category: "can somebody do my project for me?"

Quote/Story:
Quote:

her: Andy, can you do my project for me?
me: no, i'm not even done mine
her: but you did other ppls
me: i helped them, i didn't do it for them
her: i'm begging you, please
me: noo, find some one else
her: if you don't do it, i'm gonna tell mr.smyth that u did other ppl's work
me: fine, fine.

a while later

Quote:

me: i'm done
her: thank you soooo much
me: what ever
her: hey where are the comments
me: you do it
her: if you don't do the comments, i'm gonna bug you none stop
me: fine fine.
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This might not be worthy of the Hall of Shame but here goes nothing. I think that there is a concensus between many members of this community.
Subject: my_skin_smooth

Date: June 11, 2003

Source: compsci.ca

Category: three damn lousy gay posts that are very disgusting.
Quote:

hello again... i'm starting to turn 10... i;m acturally 15... but i dont look like it.

anyways.... this is how u put the sentence I'M GAY AND HORNY
put "I'm gay and horny"

ohhh.... this is turning me on... oops 2 private

TO BE CONTINUE

Quote:

was looking at my playgirl collection. and it hits me:

this is how u draw an arc... like a man's @$$:
drawarc(x,y,startdegree,enddegree,colour)

TO BE CONTINUE

Quote:

PEOPLE LIKE TO FEEL ME UP, BECAUSE I HAVE SMOOTH LEGS AND I NEVER SHAVE BEFORE... I MAKE STRAIGHT GUYS TURN GAY... SO BE WARE AND PAY ATTENTION TO MY USEFULL TURING LESSONS.

Jay Lo and many others request the permanent ban of this user (my_skin_smooth) due to his unreasonable posts and extremely disgusting signature and posts.

[quote ="blade"]
Where is asok when you need him?
[/quote]
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's that time again... Final Projects... Hard-Working programmers quickly in their hectic mood trying to fix problems, polish off their programs... except for this one...

Date: June 17, 2003
Source: compsci.ca
Reason: Blatantly wants to cheat.

And here it is...

little_star wrote:
Hey i need you to send me your program by June 18 2003 which is tomorroiw. I am a female and need to pass this course or else forget about my acceotance
Please
Thank you
Laura Razz

Does the fact that this user's a female change what she is doing?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I doubt that this user is a female... Confused Besides, I have a feeling that even if he/she does hand in a project, he/she will not get
Quote:
acceotance
anyway Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here we go:

Date: June 17, 2003

user name: wb12

reason: cheating yet again

wb12 wrote:

Quote:

I am looking for a math tutor program, for my final project.

The program can cover any types of mathematics.

It must have a title screen, lesson and some practice questions

If any one has done this type of program in the past, please leave your
e-mail adress and I will get in contact with you A.S.A.P

thanks,

he's been puttin this all over the place..we should ban him Twisted Evil
JayLo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

krishon's cheater * 4 posts. Confused
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye...we should permenantly ban him...we dun't need cheaters in our forum like him
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I allready did a while ago.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, I just remembered something my friend used to do... I'm not gonna name him, though he doesn't even go to this site, so it doesn't matter.

User Name: none

Date: some time this year

Source: he told me

Category: just funny

Quote/Story:
Quote:
Well my friend just finished compsci 11 this year... He can't program though. Like he can't program AT ALL. Although he did have something like 95% average going into the exam. How you ask? Thats a good question...

To get the programs done, here's what my friend used to do. He would come up to someone working on a program, asking to take a look, or something... Ether way, as soon as he gets close enough to the keyboard, he would hit "Print" shortcut on the keyboard (turing has that) and run off with printed out code!

lol, I though that was lame, but funny and wanted to share with you guys Laughing
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bwahahahaaarrr...u know it makes me laugh when i picture some1 printing some guy's code and running when the geeks (with glasses and big teeth) are yelling at him when he's running...
good one tony Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

but seriosly, your code gets send to printer, what is the person suppost to do? if he would run to the printer to grab the copy, my friend would mail himself the whole file and wouldnt even have to retype it Wink

He got skillz to keep his marks up without doing work Laughing
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 10  [ 139 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: