Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hall Of Shame
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
1of42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
But the 2nd is only ture if they sell or calim the progame is there own. Just using it for there own needs or using it to make a new progame thats fuction is noting like yours dose not hurt you at all. Espaly if they whould never buy your progame noramly

Well, if we assume that they would buy it, they're depriving me of the value they would have paid for it. If they wouldn't have bought it, they don't have use for it - then why are they downloading it? Plus, it's like the thin edge of the wedge: first its people just using it a little, who wouldn't have bought it, then it's people copying it, then it's people distributing it... that's what intellectual property protects.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1of42 wrote:
Hacker Dan wrote:
But the 2nd is only ture if they sell or calim the progame is there own. Just using it for there own needs or using it to make a new progame thats fuction is noting like yours dose not hurt you at all. Espaly if they whould never buy your progame noramly

Well, if we assume that they would buy it, they're depriving me of the value they would have paid for it. If they wouldn't have bought it, they don't have use for it - then why are they downloading it? Plus, it's like the thin edge of the wedge: first its people just using it a little, who wouldn't have bought it, then it's people copying it, then it's people distributing it... that's what intellectual property protects.

That logical is not vailed, for example i have download 3dmax b4 for a few of my personal projects. I never sold anything i made in 3dmax and there is no way it effected the poelope that made 3dmax in anyway. there is no way i whould have ever bought 3dmax but i do have use for it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lawyer_chelsea wrote:
Please help me! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I'm a computer science student in Ontario and my teacher has lost the Turing software that we need to install on our computers. Can someone please provide me with a download or link to a free download of the software I need? It would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

from here
Notoroge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

How shameful. Like they don't know people posting on CS forums would be more jaded and skeptical than to believe that.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 10 of 10  [ 139 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: