Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Programming ideas.
Index -> General Programming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cinjection

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:31 pm   Post subject: Programming ideas.

Some of us programmers are bored, and we need ideas. The thing is, syntax has overwritten the creative side of my brain. So i need help thinking of a nice c++ challange to continue my learning of the language. Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do you know OpenGL? If not, why not learn it? Then you could make some pretty good graphics things. Or make a program that encrypts files, or better yet, compresses files. I'm not that creative either, but you can probably do a lot of good stuff with OpenGL. If you know it, make a short animated movie, or better yet, a game Smile.

Hope to see some of these amazing creations soon!
Cinjection

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Hope to see some of these amazing creations soon!

I think i should mention c++ isn't exactly my strongest language. That is a little out of my league....for now.
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Conway's Game of Life?
md

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

minesweeper, checkers, chess... all can be done with text; and once you learn some graphics with graphics too
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

www.topcoder.com
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

topcoder uses some "structs" and some other "public" things that just fly over my head. Have to make classes in order to debug a progam Mad
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
topcoder uses some "structs" and some other "public" things that just fly over my head.

Learn them, then.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
www.topcoder.com

hell yeah!

btw, whats your handle and will you be competing in TCO 2005?
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
MysticVegeta wrote:
topcoder uses some "structs" and some other "public" things that just fly over my head.

Learn them, then.

too dumb for that Embarassed
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MysticVegeta wrote:
wtd wrote:
MysticVegeta wrote:

Learn them, then.

No, you're not.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
MysticVegeta wrote:
wtd wrote:
MysticVegeta wrote:

Learn them, then.

No, you're not.

y not try topcoder, wtd? an hour per week surely is an easy commitment? and you'll get to code in a situation that you dont need to worry about indenting and spaces and variable names Wink and you get to see how horrible other's coding styles are (if you thought mine was bad...). and zylum, dont get too excited Wink Its usually just u and me. my rating is dropping pretty bad these days though. although its not an entirely a bad idea if I keep my rating low and so when it comes to TCO i can get an easy room for the first few rounds and earn some $$$ Wink
zylum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you think your rating is bad? i've only been in div 1 for one srm where i score like 150 points or something and now im back in div 2!!

anyhoo, i dont think wtd would be very good at topcoder. hes more of the "look at my awesome coding style" and "i know the syntax to 20 different laguages" kind of programmer... we're more into the algorithms aspects of programming Wink
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
and you'll get to code in a situation that you dont need to worry about indenting and spaces and variable names Wink

The problem is that you think it's a burden to think about this stuff. I like coding like that. I like to take my time, and get it right. Trying to code fast holds very little appeal for me.

Smile
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

speed is an issume... but with speed alone wont get you far in the competition. Does solving difficult challenges in a set time frame against the best programmers in the world sounds appealing to you?
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: