Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tip] Teach Java using BlueJ
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:43 am   Post subject: [Tip] Teach Java using BlueJ

BlueJ is a very simplistic IDE. It isin't very appealing but it was designed with one purpose in mind: to teach Java.

Here's an article that explains the IDE and demonstrates its usefulness as a teaching aid: http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/07/21/bluej.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It may have some usefulness for teaching larger scale OO design, but I would contend that not having to get your hands dirty with code and having code automatically generated is a poor way to learn the language itself.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Using BlueJ as a teaching tool Part II: http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/08/30/bluej.html
Ultra Jugulator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In some post before, I mentioned that I am a first year student of CompSci and I am learning Java. BlueJ is what we use to compile and execute the programs in school.

Is there any other compilers that you guys can recommend me to use instead of BlueJ if there is any better compiler?
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Be sure you understand the difference between "compiler" and "environment" before you ask that question. Smile
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: