Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help with my site
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:15 pm   Post subject: Need help with my site

On mysite Click here to view the site an annoying frame(ad) added by lycos is ruining everything. Does anyone know how I can get rid of or bypass this ad.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Lycos hosts PHP??

I don't really think there is an easy way to get around those adds that free hosts put up... I never really saw the big deal with getting rid of them... I mean they are offering you a free service, why not give them some credit or let them put up ads that they will benefit from?
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Something like this doesn't work?

code:
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
<!--
if(top != self) {
        top.location = location
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
nate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:05 pm   Post subject: copy

does every1 copy compsci now!!!??
krishon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dun't think there really is a way. u could try and set ur comp up as a server and then make a web page from there. The positives are no ads, u control it all and its free Very Happy
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm.. that must be new, cause they used to only have banners. hmm.... guess they saw that pll. using php had no adds on their sites :/
poly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf?!?!?! i have a lycos.co.uk account and I had it for just learning PHP and stuff and I have yet to ever see an add like that for php pages. The one i know of is the one with the blue ad up top and u hit the "X" to close it and it only shows up like every 1 in 5 views or something like that.

We'll Delta there is a very simple way of getting rid of that ad. PAY for hosting. Like PaddyLong said, they are offering a free service and for a free host to offer you PHP is bit rare, so be grateful for that.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: