Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Question
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: Question

I wanna make this website but i need somewhere to host it.. you know, one of those free hosting services like lycos or geocities..

my question is , what free hosting do you think is the best.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

after looking for a long time they all suck in there own way, the best free host you could get is seting up your computer as a server and using no-ip.com if you dont got a statick ip. then you can add all the cool stuff to it like, php, cgi, better server then windows, ect.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
JSBN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, go for the UK Version of Lycose
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

angelfire is good, its the one i use... wat sux is the long ass url Evil or Very Mad
JSBN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well most web hosts do have a long url, but that is fixed here: http://www.no-ip.com. Also with lycose, they have mysql,php, and ftp access.
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tripod.co.uk does support all that but the speed really sucks. most of the time when i'm browsing sites there i get tired of waiting and go do something more productive like pick my nose
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes i agree lycos is very slow =/ there's these 2 sites that support php and mysql aswell try them out: coolfreepage.com
and the other one i dont remember exactly but i'll send it when i remember...
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.host.sk
supports php, mysql & ftp. its in a different language, but if you want ahost that badly, then you'll figure it out. you need to sign up for a mysql database. last time i was there the memberships were full but that was almost a year ago. oh yeah, theyre kinda slow, but not nearly as bad as tripod.co.uk
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: