Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Iframe like frame in flash
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
speX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:39 pm   Post subject: Iframe like frame in flash

how do i make an iframe like frame in flash because im making this web site for someone but the person is not experienced in flash so i dont want to make it in flash or else it would be hard for the person to edit the content... (the rest of the site where it wont be edited will be made in flash) so.. how to make iframe in flash? if its possable plz discribe in detail ^_^!
(im using swishMX just so you all know)
thx in advance

EDIT: opps i just relaized i posted in wrong section.. im srry could a mod plz move it if possable?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't believe (not sure) if you can put an iFrame in flash..... But... I do know its possiable to enter information from a database (using php as an example) into flash for your content and etc... but I don't know the code for that someone else would have to help you out there or google it...

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/flash/articles/flashmx_php.html
XD
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You'd probably be better off having a separate flash movie for the header, navbar, and whatever else, then place it all into a table, leaving a cell for content. This way you don't need any messy iframes and they have complete control over the content.
speX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that would be the ez way im trying to do it in one video if all fails ill result to multi movies as my last resort
speX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

so theres NO ONE else that can help
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, I'll help you.

But you'll need to know about flash paths. And XML documents.

-Z
wthef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Depending on what you want to have on the page cant u just use a loadvars from a txt file and render it as html?

just a thought
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: