Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Final Projects
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Are you going to submit something?
(No ending time set)
Of course!
58%
 58%  [ 136 ]
No, I don't want excessive amounts of bits
10%
 10%  [ 24 ]
Depends on the mark I get
31%
 31%  [ 74 ]
Total Votes : 234

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

for a whole 7 months? Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flikerator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This isnt the BEST of my final project because its at school. This is the last one I could transfer. Its not as good but I still like it. I suggest NOT using obstacles, but they do look neat. Obstacles were just for marks. Lots of stuff I wanted to add but teacher is messed and won't allow some of it.

Notes:
I don't have music file so only play Mus1.
I have 10 dif Mus at school.
Ball can ge stuck behind paddle, its supposed to happen so be carful Wink

THIS ONLY works if you have a SLOW computer. I play it at home and the ball moves really fast. If you put a delay the ball moves slowly and the ai moves at the same speed.

Pong.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pong.zip
 Filesize:  276.61 KB
 Downloaded:  594 Time(s)

person

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

a = x
a² = ax
a² - x² = ax - x²
(a + x) (a - x) = x(a - x)
a + x = x
x + x = x
2x = x
2x / x = x/x
2 = 1

i know this was posted like 2 years ago, and the mods probably also figured out that it was wrong..but.....

a^2 - x^2 = ax - x^2 = 0
(a + x) (a - x) = x(a - x) = 0
a + x = x = 0
x + x = x = 0
2x = x = 0

since 2x = x = 0
then x must = 0

thus this equation is incorrect

EDIT: or the fact the a-x=x-x=0
and that var*0=0
RaPsCaLLioN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
since 2x = x = 0
then x must = 0

thus this equation is incorrect

EDIT: or the fact the a-x=x-x=0
and that var*0=0

Wow this is old stuff.. Actually the issue is in this step:
Quote:
a² - x² = ax - x²
(a + x) (a - x) = x(a - x)

To achive this step you have to divide each side by 'a-x'. Now if we already know that a=x then a-x=0. SO if we divide each side by 'a-x' we're dividing by 0. And I'm sure we've all gotten errors in Turing and Windows about div by 0. Anything div 0 is an undefined amount and can be argued to be infinity but .. it just makes things bonkers.

And how is this related to this topic? Shouldn't this be locked?
cycro1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sooo random Shocked
_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Robbit, wat's wrong with being random? UR random....

hey, the pong is pretty cool.... more creativity would help...like this psychopong on http://www.ertdfgcvb.ch/... that's pretty cool, but harder to make...

...also, check out some of the other games there, just for fun...

but yeah... god i'm rily gonna screw up my fianl project, once i get it... Sad
ssr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nothign''s wrong with being random

random
random random
random random random
random random random random
random random random random random
I liek teh Pong
u knwo we might not even have a final project
I asked my teacher abotu it and he's like

duh, I dont know
what do u want
I said I wanted to do a game (even a simple one like Pong)
he's like we'll see may be its too hard!! Shocked
Token

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow this was an old post lmao, and yah to that flamer, he must have been pretty pissed to go and sign up for an account just to try and get acrost the stereotipical message he wanted to portrey to us

wow i used a lot of big words there, and most of them arent spelled right... oh well, and yes nothings wrong with being random... PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!@#!@!@#!@#, anyone who has any clue what i'm talking about, GIJoe rocks! lmao
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
illu45

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'll post mine at the end of the semester (when I finish it Very Happy)... Though I think its a great idea to send it in and get people to play with it and make sre there are no bugs.
gohan

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I kno this was a long time ago, but i'm scratching my head and wondering what the bits are for..
someone be nice and tell me...lol...and how do i get a pic under my name like most of u guys have....yea i kno...totally off topic and way off on the date..but hey whatcha gonna doo!!!
jamonathin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3974 - bits

The picture has to be from a website. You simply fidn an image, right click it, look at its properties, and copy it's url to your profile.
such as this
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/images/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

Quote:
but hey whatcha gonna doo!!!

There's plenty the mods can do. Razz
Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

joman wrote:
Asok wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Your controls are:
Crappy - 10 bits
Average - 20 bits
Simple but effective - 30 bits
Complex and effective - 40 bits

Shouldn't simple and effective be worth more than complex and effective? simple would be WASD or Arrow keys, complex would be like having to search for keys. It makes more sence to award a better keyboard layout.

wow really because i dont give a sh*t

there is something iv wanted to say to u guys for a long time u guys have no lives. go outside what r u afraid of... wait wait let me guess the sun will hit my skin at a 45 degree angle causeing a sunburn on my arm exactualy 4.32 cm long.

i am very ashamed of u and everyone who postes on this message board u people should go outside go do something else with your time then site in front of your computer a and talk about programming u people make me sick... i get enough of computer programming during the day at school i think i get too much.

and i cant stand it let alone read what u people talk about on these messsage boards.

i feel like gaging over each and evryone of u.

You know guys, he's right, maybe we have no lives. But um, who's the one coming to the forums where the group of people with no lives are and make fun of them. He's ashamed. Sad aww dat wittle poor muffin. Why am I talking about him now? He's not even going to be here again! I need sleep Sad
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

uh, wasnt this a topic where you can post your summative projects??? lolz. this is the one my teacher forced us to do, i wasnt even allowwed to do anything else.

EDIT

I agree with you aziz. And to whoever started flaming just about everyone on this site, we do other things with our lives. Hell, when im not on my computer im usually out with my friends or getting drunk at some all nighter party. Rolling Eyes So before you start telling us off, close your mouth, and sew it up.
Aziz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Recommender that I enter this:

My Battleship game Very Happy

Done for end of the year project, anything we wanted, but had to be educational of some sort :S

So here it is: Battleship: General Aziz

[eer: this link, quota reached or something?]
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=9281
Dartans

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

joman wrote:
Asok wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Your controls are:
Crappy - 10 bits
Average - 20 bits
Simple but effective - 30 bits
Complex and effective - 40 bits

Shouldn't simple and effective be worth more than complex and effective? simple would be WASD or Arrow keys, complex would be like having to search for keys. It makes more sence to award a better keyboard layout.

wow really because i dont give a sh*t

there is something iv wanted to say to u guys for a long time u guys have no lives. go outside what r u afraid of... wait wait let me guess the sun will hit my skin at a 45 degree angle causeing a sunburn on my arm exactualy 4.32 cm long.

i am very ashamed of u and everyone who postes on this message board u people should go outside go do something else with your time then site in front of your computer a and talk about programming u people make me sick... i get enough of computer programming during the day at school i think i get too much.

and i cant stand it let alone read what u people talk about on these messsage boards.

i feel like gaging over each and evryone of u.

^
||
myspace user
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 71 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: