Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorials] Pictures/Images
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, your program is doing this:
(mypic, maxx div 2, maxy div 2, 0)
Picture variable= mypic
x co-ordinate of picture= maxx div 2
y co-ordinate of picture= maxy div 2
value of picture= 0?????
Turing Program: 0?! Wtf does that mean!! AhhaAh! Dying!!!
The 0 has to be one of the following: (picCopy, picMerge, picXOR, etc.) I forget the rest of th em, but replace one of those with 0 to make the picture load correctly.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no. 0 is perfectly fine. PicCopy is just a constant for 0.

watch:
code:

put picCopy
put picXor
put picMerge
put picUnderMerge

tada! those are four of turings draw modes. you could type those, or you could type a number from 0 to 4 instead. 4 will work as a draw mode but it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

so, to sum up, the problem was indeed with the loading of the picture. you probably had the filename typed wrong.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh really?! I thought the value of the pic had to be identified by pic+something...not numbers. Hm, interesting
help_wanted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:11 pm   Post subject: doesn't work

THIS DOES NOT WORK
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NO! IT DOES WORK! YOU DONT WORK! WORK DAMN YOU!!
hehe, sorry for caps. And yes, it does work, make sure your picture, and .exe are in the same directory (folder).

code:

var ogre:int:=Pic.FileNew("ogre-picture.bmp")
Pic.Draw(ogre,200,200,picMerge)

Put a picture named "ogre-picture.bmp" in the same directory as your turing file, try this, and tell me it doesnt work. tx
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry to be off topic (not that half of this topic has been) but why is the first page messed up?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

recneps wrote:
sorry to be off topic (not that half of this topic has been) but why is the first page messed up?

b/c an evil compsci.ca bug creeped up and eat the formating on the latter post on that page.

i am trying to kill this infseation of bugs but it has been slow going, alougth you may noticed that that waring on the main page is gone Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
syphon4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:10 pm   Post subject: pic

it always has a problem with my pic ture name in the location of the file..help
var pic : int := Pic.FileNew ("C:\pink pimp")

my picture is saved directly under c: and its called pink pimp and its a jpeg file..................how can i make this program works

p.s. I will pwn any of you noobs in CS because im uber pro
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:45 am   Post subject: Re: pic

syphon4 wrote:
it always has a problem with my pic ture name in the location of the file..help
var pic : int := Pic.FileNew ("C:\pink pimp")

my picture is saved directly under c: and its called pink pimp and its a jpeg file..................how can i make this program works

It's time we cleared something up. Asking the same question multiple times does NOT increase the chances of getting help. Rather, it infuriates people.
syphon4 wrote:

p.s. I will pwn any of you noobs in CS because im uber pro

Laughing And this doesn't help you get your answers either.

Now, go look in your other thread for your answer.
questionableninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:00 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorials] Pictures/Images

when i input an img and i try to move it around it goes off the curser meaning that when the curser goes off the screen the game ends : (
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:50 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorials] Pictures/Images

You're going to have to be a bit more descriptive here. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Is the image set to track with the mouse? Is the image set to the keyboard cursor? I think you see the problem here.
sh0td0wn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 am   Post subject: Re: [Tutorials] Pictures/Images

How do you kill the image after you're done with it, or at least hide?
syntax_error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:15 am   Post subject: Re: [Tutorials] Pictures/Images

are you talking bout free.pic?
not sure if that is quite teh syntax but its something like that
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:36 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorials] Pictures/Images

If you want to remove a picture from the screen, you have to draw over it. To deallocate a picture's memory use Pic.Free.
revangrey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:05 pm   Post subject: Re: [Tutorials] Pictures/Images

seeing as how many times this thread has been brought back I do not consider this to be a "necro"

I hope...

anyways I seem to be unable to put in a .jpg image

or any image for that matter

now I am pretty sure I have followed the steps but would anyone care to explain this to me?

I may have missed something...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 72 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: