Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [tutorial] compiling source code into .exe file
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

trojan detected, biotch... Rolling Eyes

I tried a bunch of other ones, but they seem to not work with Turing .exe's...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Shyfire

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well thanks for the compliment smart @$$
i didn't get a trojan so hahahahahhahha(evil laugh)
**thinks to him self** i am all mighty
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just joking... geeze... I thought you might have told me to get some random virus, and anyways - it informs everyone else to be wary in downloading it from where.

Too bad the other ones I got don't work with Turing executables Sad.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
It is painful. But, it is Turing. Sorry, there isn't any logical explanation I can offer. I tried removing all of the predefs and compiling a simple program (that is, a single commented line) and it did nothing to lower the size noticeably.

The reason, to the best of my knowledge, is that the Turing "compiler" doesn't selectively pick and choose what parts of the Turing standard library to compile -- it just throws it all in. That's why you never need an import line or anything when you're using Net.Connect or Pic.ScreenLoad -- Net and Pic and every other module in the library simply gets compiled in regardless of whether you need it or not. So that's the reason why your "Hello World" one line program is like 300 Kb. It's because Turing can't tell that it doesn't need every single piece of the library. Sad
Shyfire

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

srry dude i was in a bad mood and that was just the iceing on the cake
**so to speak**
neufelni

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I have tried doing this several times but it is not allowing me to open the exe file. It gives me this message :

Bad object file header in "filename".(2)

Do you guys no why it is doing this?
Shyfire

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

no clue

*did u use a compressor if so it could have been a crappy one if not the i dont know
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm, the error I get is:
Quote:
Unable to read object file "filename".(1)

Seems pretty similar... I dont know, the two compressors I tried are:

Mew 11 SE v1.2
upx125w

These two are pretty popular on the charts I looked at, and they worked on non-turing exe's...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
theguru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hikaru79 wrote:
Coutsos wrote:
It is painful. But, it is Turing. Sorry, there isn't any logical explanation I can offer. I tried removing all of the predefs and compiling a simple program (that is, a single commented line) and it did nothing to lower the size noticeably.

The reason, to the best of my knowledge, is that the Turing "compiler" doesn't selectively pick and choose what parts of the Turing standard library to compile -- it just throws it all in. That's why you never need an import line or anything when you're using Net.Connect or Pic.ScreenLoad -- Net and Pic and every other module in the library simply gets compiled in regardless of whether you need it or not. So that's the reason why your "Hello World" one line program is like 300 Kb. It's because Turing can't tell that it doesn't need every single piece of the library. Sad

that's why i prefer c++ but it's great that you can actually compile it.
tianxiao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:03 pm   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] compiling source code into .exe file

for some reason after i compile it i tried to open it it says bad object file header in "Program's name.exe" (2)
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:10 pm   Post subject: RE:[tutorial] compiling source code into .exe file

Turing 4.1.1 doesn't compile. Download 4.1.

A 2 year necro, not bad!
saltpro15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:42 pm   Post subject: RE:[tutorial] compiling source code into .exe file

4 year actually xD
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: