Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 text RPG by azndragon
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think that an exe tells what error messages occured. You'd have to program your own "on error" events that log info to a file. I donno if turing can do that though... VB can Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, too bad I don't have VB. But from what I heard, you can make some good RPGs in C or C++, not sure which one. Don't have the compilers for that one, so I'm just sticking with Turing. 8)

But I think that you could make some sort of error logging function. Set a process to loop the Error.LastMsg command, and have it exit when Error.LastMsg is not a blank string. All this could be run in the background with the fork command, and when the error happens, it will take the value of Error.LastMsg, and write it to a file. I'm just thinking this in my head, not sure if it will actually work, and the constant running of the error check is bound to take up some CPU power. Think it could also work with Error.LastStr, which seems more effective, because it puts out data like "eDrawClrNumTooLarge" if you try to draw something with the colour larger than maxcolour.

Edit: Hehe, 2nd page now! Very Happy First topic on this board to reach 2 pages!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

on THIS board... cuz "tonys avatar" discussion in general section almost finished 3rd page... and in turing help, we have a 6 page post Wink http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=123

but ya... your game is awesome, so naturally there's lots of talk in this post
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... and tony wanted to hit 550 posts Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, I got database access and can change that number Wink At one point I had 150% of all forum posts but Dan didnt like it and forced me to change it back Confused Oh well... You know I run this show Very Happy
Vicous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just to make this post longer...

Edit by Tony : dont spam... I took some bits away for that Evil or Very Mad
haujobb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Encountered a few small bugs but it is a great game Very Happy
The_$hit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please may i see the source code for the RPG. I am sorry I am a noob and i got a macitosh computer(cannot use .exe).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Grr, I pressed enter by mistake and it crashed in the middle of a battle...

Very nice game, has huge potential. I would fix the input error, and in the magic menu the dot is a bit off. Those are the only two errors I saw. Continue, I hope to see some updates.

TIP: try to make savegames compatible with newer versions.
Bacchus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*cough* 2 years old...
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eee, wow I 'overlooked' that now... I'm usually one of the first to notice such, such... *%#&*@$!

Oh well... its a nice RPG - too bad...
I can still hope this person will come back and say, "Here's my full graphical 3d rpg game which I made! And I'm going to give it to you for free just before selling it!". Confused

Dang people reviving DEAD topics *sigh*
Wing_Wing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:25 pm   Post subject: RE:text RPG by azndragon

but it's so complicated, like meh
Clayton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm   Post subject: RE:text RPG by azndragon

Holy necro post batman!

This thread is locked
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: