Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [turorial] Making an cool installer for of ALL your files
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: [turorial] Making an cool installer for of ALL your files

http://www.ginstall.com/download/gi/GIFree.exe This is free version of the program... code is like C++ i heard... but here you can use my one for a template.... this installs silently,without promps.....compresses.... ends up with a .exe file, double click it... and voila.... program is installed on their computer... and in startmenu..with uninstaller and even in Program list for "Add-remove Programs", 0 bytes because its only a text file... its in a zip file... because the extension .gi1 or w/e cant be uploaded..(Ghost Installer's File Format...) PM me if you have any problems...Ps... dop a full isntall with templates.. if you want a GUI

Example: right now if you go to FP contest and look at my PacMan Game... and install it... the installer was made ujsing gInstall... currently it is very basic as i dont have the time to learn have to make a GUI in gInstall although its prob realy ez...

template.zip
 Description:
The size is zero due to file only being text, about a page long
but its extension is .g2i so i ziped

Download
 Filename:  template.zip
 Filesize:  616 Bytes
 Downloaded:  530 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea.... some issues.....
in turing u need to know the working directory for it to find all your pictures / sounds

so yea... i will update my template later... adding
workdir="%InstallPath%" for the .exe shortcut

this template is basically the same as in the help only i moded my a bit..

i just realized this after i had a problem with my PacMAn game in FP Contest.... it wouldn;t work cuz the pictures could not be found...
even though they were there..
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

any comments fell free to post and i will try to help you out...
ps: I updated my template to add more stuff... and fixed the workdir error that i had...
iamawesome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The link doesnt work any more is there any other link to download this from
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.ethalone.com/bitrix/redirect.php?event1=download&event2=free&goto=http%3A//www.ethalone.com/download/gi/GIFree.exe

the site name changed..
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Very nice and easy to use program. cool i think i will use it for my game! Awesome!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: