Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help with my Internet Explorer!
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
David77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:02 pm   Post subject: Help with my Internet Explorer!

I was looking in some temp internet files for flash movies from NGs, it took em a while to find the files and I watched a few movies, took one and copied it to a folder, looked around and left.

Now my .swf's dont load at all, my cookies and temp internet files are all deleted and set at zero, (Cannot change it) and well cookies and temp internet files and .swf and downloading things from the internet simple DO NOT WORK.

If anyone has any idea of whats wrong or how I can fix this, please say so. I saw a Microsoft help that suggested a "corrupt" file is in the temp section but its diagnosis cure was for windows 95. So if anyone can help i do need it!

And i tried changing internet settings, i have only one browser, (windows IE) i use XP home addition, and no spyware removal programs yet.

I think i may have damaged a file in the temp internet section, for it dosnt allow any files to be loaded in there, as it dosnt alow cookies eather. And I cant switch the folder because it dosnt let me. Seriosuly i have no idea what to do right now and my internet is seriously screwed up Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Get FireFox
David77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As i said, it dosnt let me download anything
rizzix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you dont need to download it though IE. use an ftp client and go to ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ and download it. (windows explorer is also an ftp client)
md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or you could always install any linux distro; they always come with a browser, or have one easily available
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds like spyware.

Get Firefox (just enter the ftp link into a Windows (not internet) explorer Window.)

With firefox, go to http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html and download and install Spybot Search & Destroy (it's free). Microsoft and Lavasoft also offer free alternatives. Microsoft's anti-spyware program is actually quite good, although it does remove VNC apparently (if you don't know what that is, you don't have it.)

Update, immunize, and scan. Everything should be taken care of. Never touch IE again.

The other thing that you can try doing is going Start -> Run -> msconfig

A window'll pop up, and, under startup, click 'disable all'

Reboot your computer, and IE should work. Still, don't use it. Firefox is superior in almost every way.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Spy-Sweeper is great for IE related attacks,
Ad-Aware is good for programs
i suggest: get 2. .. . run them both

also .. AVG anti-virus: free and not too 'resource hungry', also Zone LAbs firewall (if u dont have a router)

ahaha.. this reminds me off my sisters comp, she called me over saying IE wont open. . .. she had seriously . . 600+ spyware.. so much in fact, that IE crashed, did not show error messages.. just did not open.. i laughed.. heres a ss.. .. . . this is cause IE just lets the shity software thru. .. firefox blocks spyware from downloading *behind your back, and it prevents popups a lot better then IE which means less junk as well

hah.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.04 KB
 Viewed:  2062 Time(s)

hah.jpg

Bacchus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, but ya FireFox is a hell of a lot better then IE
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: