Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 mods
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: mods

how do u become a mod?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

got another 100 active people to join the forum Laughing

I'm serious though... if there will be more people and more threads and topics to look after, we'll need more mods and will start looking for candedates
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony's right. The only situation where we'll need more mods is if the community gets larger to the point where we need more to handle the load.
Blade

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we have more ppl than what you think... lots of them have multiple personalities!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

jp ya'll
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but if the community gets bigger there'll be more posts
and when there's more posts we cant help everybody with their thing and i've seen big forums and their so messed up...=/
one of the ways to lower the number of posts is to tell people not to post bullshit in the website...
krishon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

even if ppl write that, most ppl will post crap. i guess that's where the banning comes in Very Happy
void

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but just for the sake of it...if you WERE to get new mods...who would be your first..lets say 10 (i was gonna say 5, but realized i would have a better chance of showing up if i said a larger number) candidates....
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sigh, i dont whont to go in and list all of the top users right now, lol. but i whould say you whould be in the top 10.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

to address a few things.

about the concerns that a larger community posts more crap, that's why I'm here and armed to the teeth. Very Happy

In the situation where we would recruit a new mod(s), they would be the ones most knowledgeable and most active on the forum. Think MIB's "best of the best".
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

asok why dont u delete the locked posts... their just waste of space and bring back bad memories...
krishon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ye, good thought
krishon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe he can use it as an example to new ppl, if they say crap its locked Confused i dunno for sure
Asok

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well krishon is on the right track.

the reason why I don't delete threads (I'll delete posts if need be but not threads) is because of the situation as follows:

moron X makes a post for someone to do his ISP.

I delete moron X's post.

moron X comes back and can't find their post, they then REPOST the request to do their ISP because they assume the other one didn't go through properly.

by only locking threads it avoids this situation. and it allows me to demonstrate my arsenol Twisted Evil
krishon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how many bits do u get if u do become a mod?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i do delete locked posts some times, but it dose server as a way to give a last worad and to make fun of the poleop Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: