Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing 4.0.5 Update
Index -> Network News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

First, doing what is right is doing what is right regardless of Holts financial situation.
The schools don't pay per machine, they pay a site licence, which I'll have you know is very reasonably priced. (Although I'm sure Hikaru is right that they make more money from books) That said, if I was a student there is no way I would go without a copy of the language the class is using. You should bug the powers that be at your school to get distribution rights for Turing, then your school can charge some small amount (we charge $2) to recoup the cost over a few years.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Archimed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: Not fear!!

I was using My Educational Turing 4.0.3 and i went to update site the links did not work so i isnatlled the turing i saw on your site which one u guys posted and it is not educational! Sad
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh... try naming something that Turing 4.0.5 can't do, that 4.0.3 (educational edition? I was not aware of such) can.
lapo3399

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:53 pm   Post subject: good

lol
good thing about the tangent ratio being added
Very Happy
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes because sin/cos is that hard to do
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, i didnt know that sin/cos = tan till like a week ago. Ive taken the highest level math and sciences all through high school. Rolling Eyes
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
lol, i didnt know that sin/cos = tan till like a week ago. Ive taken the highest level math and sciences all through high school. Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure if that's something you'd want to brag about on this forum Laughing
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

roffles considering alot of us are ranked nationally and in north america
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Or we just, you know, went to grade 9 ... and passed!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya... except even in the highest possible 'enriched' program I doubt more than a few people in North America knew what cos/tan/sin are in grade 9. I'm pretty sure that starts in grade 10/11.
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Ya... except even in the highest possible 'enriched' program I doubt more than a few people in North America knew what cos/tan/sin are in grade 9. I'm pretty sure that starts in grade 10/11.

I knew in grade 8. Has education really gotten that bad since I was in school?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually one of my old friends used to be reading up on trig in grade 8.. Though he was trying to keep up with Russian educational system, which is quite ahead.

Here I think we're introduced to the subject in grade 10.. Thinking
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
actually one of my old friends used to be reading up on trig in grade 8.. Though he was trying to keep up with Russian educational system, which is quite ahead.

Here I think we're introduced to the subject in grade 10.. Thinking

Ya, I know that - in Europe and Asian countries they are at least 2 grades ahead of us... How the heck did you know it in grade 8, or did you learn it for fun *hmmrph*? All I know is that at least in the past 5 years it hasn't been like that...
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i learned it in gr 9... so do all the enriched ppl in my school
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright then, I was wrong... You must have very smart schools. In my school no matter what you do, you don't learn cos/sin/tan in grade 9. What we learnt that was ahead was basic calculus (quadratics).
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 10 of 11  [ 165 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: