Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 05
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ether way you can count on not learning that in school (unless you're in Massey ofcourse) Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

generally how many people sovle the senior 4 and 5? what score does it usually take to get to stage 2?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

last year's results might be of interest

Generally top 20~25 senior scores advance to stage 2. The required score fluctuates by year. In 2004 it had to be over 45 (out of 75)

and unless my math is off.. out of 623 participants
52 people have scored more than 0 on problem 4
38 people have scored more than 0 on problem 5
thegoose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:

Generally top 20~25 senior scores advance to stage 2. The required score fluctuates by year. In 2004 it had to be over 45 (out of 75)

Generally, if you can hit 60, you're almost guarantteed to go to stage 2. The cutoff is usually in the mid-50s, last year was an exception because space turtle threw many of the serious practicing people off (I never saw something like that on other Olympiads before). I hope Donny don't make any problems this year.
It's quite funny that for the past few years, 4 was a harder problem compared to 5. (DP vs. ugly 3D-geo for 04, modifiedMST/dijkastra vs. suffix tree for 03)
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aidin Kashigar wrote:
bugzpodder wrote:

wow! who got 420?? must be a genious!!

lol. as if you haven't seen the IOI scores before.

so, any predictions on the last <senior> problem this year?

spoiling the fun Wink I am just trying to make richard feel better about himself by boosting his ego (he hasnt got over a sore USACO score two months ago...). i pity him for what he is. =.=;

dont take this the wrong way richard... but i think you really need to lighten up a bit
Aidin Kashigar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
spoiling the fun Wink I am just trying to make richard feel better about himself by boosting his ego (he hasnt got over a sore USACO score two months ago...). i pity him for what he is. =.=;

dont take this the wrong way richard... but i think you really need to lighten up a bit

Another interesting post. Might as well be removed by one of the moderators to avoid a flame war.
thegoose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aidin Kashigar wrote:

Another interesting post. Might as well be removed by one of the moderators to avoid a flame war.

lol....Aidin, HE IS THE MODERATOR...I think...
you got the solution for USACO Feb no.1 (Jersey politics, the crazy DP one) yet?
Aidin Kashigar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no. I haven't. but I got the Aggressive Cows without a timeout. What about secret? Do you have the code for a flow alg that would run in time?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
thegoose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I have O(TE+ElogE), but with a pretty big constant. I'm still trying to reduce the constant. It turned out that the algorithm I used was right, I just forgot to sort the edges by increase value in the edge graph. :(
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

CCC tomorrow... goodluck everyone!

there's a high probablity there will be a snow day for me tomorrow. will they postpone it if there is?
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oy, can someone please please explain to me the purpose of the first for loop in the main procedure of the quicksort algorithm? Is it something that does nothing for the first iteration?
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hhmm... me think i dont stand a chance in hell in this contest Shocked ne who good luck to all (dont beat me to bad Razz)
we64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't know if you guys heard of dynamic programming.. it has been used intensively in the contest for the last 2 questions... recursive can do it but just take too long and not efficient..
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

20-30cm of snow overnight in my area Mad school buses will definetly be cancled... i guess ill have to take transit which normally takes me an hour to get to school, tomorrow will probably take 2 hours Confused all this just for the CCC
Bacchus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya we're getting a bunch of snow here to, hopefully it wont be that much in the morning
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 8  [ 114 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: