Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Unoriginality Ticks ppl off
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: Unoriginality Ticks ppl off

unoriginality will really tick ppl off. i'm not using swear words because i'm a courtous person. this ticked me off so much that i dont even know if i want to show my face here ever again. i dont care what you ppl say and asok will lock this because it does not benefit the board at all. but if he think so he is wrong. this benefits the board because it will get the message out there for all the petty followers of the world that some ppl just dont like being followed --> the prime example of stealing my boobs and changing the colour. cant say you havent noticed it because i have over 500 posts on this board. but anyways this will probably be my last contribution to the board.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Blade has a point there, it is annoying, and not fair, everyone should have and deserves some form of expression, and on this message board, thats what the avatar serves as. Its kind of cheap when someone comes along and just steals that.

I think it would be better if we started seeing alot more uniqueness around here.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aw, Blade, don't be like that, we really don't want to lose you as a memeber of this forum, just because someone stole your boobs(which are very nice 8) ), Im sure you can work it out.
Asok

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it's the same concept but different avatar it's not just the red to pink, different eyes and hair as well. Anyways I'm not going to lock it (for now) if it turns into a flamefest I will.

In my personal opinion, the mods will not be moderating people's avatars, it's more work on our plates that is probably better off not being left our responsibility. Now if you have an issue with the person who mimiced your avatar then please feel free to let them know it. However I don't think there will be any official decision enforcing your position. This is just my opinion and does not neccesarily reflect the opinions of all the SWAT Mods.

I'll also point out, that I do agree with Blade, a person's avatar on the forum is their identity. I would probably be upset if someone used my avatar (don't get any ideas because I'll lock ur posts to hell and u know it Wink ) So yea, I believe this shouldn't be tollerated but I can't guarantee that the admins will directly remove someones avatar because of it (we can do that by the way I'm pretty sure.)

Try to resolve it amongst yourselves if it can't be resolved contact me, tony, or dan with a log of all communications between the two parties.
Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know it isnt like i drew them or anything but come on man. you know what? why dont all of you use one? i got them all up on my server. when i go to reboot we will get a nice bunch of X's too. this is a point to you all that it wears something out when you go and do something like this. so to wear the thing out everyone should use it

http://images.blademan.no-ip.com

will be working in a few mins
Asok

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we don't because we respect that you've laid "claim" to them.

hell, my Avatar is copyright of blizzard. everyone knows it, but mutual respect avoids copying an avatar.

btw, if he was using your exact avatar I would definitely take action against it but since this is more borderline (unprecidented on this forum) I'm allowing a discussion for it to see what is considered playgerism. I'd personally consider he crossed a line but that's not for me to decide.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Blade, you've got some seniority here. Respect. Don't give that up. We'll make that guy change his avatar. If he doesn't, we can block him if you want. Whatever works. Ask and you shall recieve (on a non-sexual level only).
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man i've seen lots of bouncies on different sites
http://www.the-neighborhood.com/images/
dont act like u created the picture blade =Þ altho i agree with the fact that that other bouncy is just a rip off of yer avatar =/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

...Not to knock you homer, but he did say he didn't create them...

Quote:
i know it isnt like i drew them or anything ....

But what he did do was, be the first to use them here.

I don't know about you, but I would be flipping mad if someone stole my avatar without asking (not that it is posible to steal it...)
Its just the thought that someone would do that.
Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you see man. everyone else knows where i'm coming from. i actually saw that at newgrounds as a hentai ad. if you really wanna know thats where i got them in the sims date sectino. but join in and pick an avatar

http://images.blademan.no-ip.com
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

theyre freaking everwhere now
Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i asked ravage, tony, and octopi to change theirs to one of the bouncies listed on my server. so if ya'll wanna pick one go for it. i'm gonna wear this damned avatar out so theres no orginality left to it and they're helping me
Ravage

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

meh
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a parade now Very Happy
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Word.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 6  [ 87 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: