Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Request a Tutorial
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: Request a Tutorial

Ok since there are three different individuals (as of today: Feb 05, 2004) that know java enough to write tutorials (whether its simple or advance) and there are a lot of individuals in the process of learning this language, I decided to create one thread in which people may suggest a tutorial. This way what the public wants is what the public gets (hopefully).

So go ahead guys, post:
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's some interesting sites that may have some of what everyone needs.

http://www.cafeaulait.org/books/jdr/examples/
http://leepoint.net/notes-java/index.html
http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/Java_Game_Programming/
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm just coming to Java from turing so I read the hello world tutorial which was very good but it only did output not input. So a tutarial on input would be good and also a tutorial on if staments would also be nice.

I might just be blind and missed something if there is a tutorial alread on these I appologize.
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its already up there: Read / Write to Terminal
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about a tutorial all about Abstract classes? For fun, in my spare time, I'm making a chemistry program that should be able to pass grade 11/12 Chemistry (balance equations, determine empirical formulas, predict products, model molecules, etc) and I'm thinking of structuring it as an abstract class "Element" and have each Element inherit it and give it their own twist (since many elements have lots of strange exceptions, like Boron being OK with a 6-electron octet, etc). But I'm afraid I don't know enough about Abstract classes to implement this model as efficiently as it could be. And besides, it's an important OOP concept that probably others would find very useful Smile
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

already up: Abstract Class, Interface and Nested Class
Jonny Tight Lips

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok but there isn't a tutorial on if staments. So that would be good.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jonny Tight Lips wrote:
ok but there isn't a tutorial on if staments. So that would be good.

While I usually am the first to say that Java and C++ are radically different programming languages, when it comes to if statements, they work pretty much identically.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how about a tutorial on drawing in java applets... like polygons and choosing custom collours. i was thinking of comverting my turing 3d engine into java
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know about this Tutorial, but perhaps a more general one about Java's NET module and capabilities in general? I must admit I know nothing about this topic Embarassed
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats a webservice tutorial... not a java networking tutorial. there's a difference. webservice is more of a philosophy and stresses on os/implementation independent, interoperability.

its makes networking a hell a lot easier, with one drawback (well for xml-webservices anyways) it add a lot to the network overhead. i mean every call to a remote procedure sends an xml document describing the results which the client inteprets and converts to a usable form.

RPC can also be done using the Java RMI (Remote Method Invocation) package. It provides similar functionality as xml-rpc webservices, but it does not send an entire xml doc, instead binary packets. Thus it improves performance. The drawback here is that it does not stress on interoperability. It's a good choice but it will not teach you anything about real java networking.

For that you would definately require a tutorial of somesort in the java.net package. Wink
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Can you please make a Tut for Buttons For Dummies Confused .. yea..... i know the swing class .. . but basically i want to add buttons to make a calculator..

this is basically what i want to learn how to do
code:

loop
// swing input "enter number 1"
create a window with all the operation buttons

display button with text "+"
if you press button "+" then
operation ="Add";
display button with "-"
//etc..

// swing input "number 2"
if (operation.equalsTo == "add")
result = n1 + n2;
else
yada yada

display result
exit if you push exit button
end loop

.. so if anyone were to make a buttons for dummies tut.. i would greatly apreciate it

thanks
-kevin
The_$hit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Does any one know the syntax of overloading operators. i know in C++ but i do not in java. my compilier tells me that there is an expected";" after i have declared the operator.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's no operator overloading in java.
The_$hit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WHAAAA?!?! My Programming teacher says it is possible. it was even in his hand book.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: