Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Tutorial] Using .GIF Images In Turing! YES its posible!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea sorry those were in my days of stupid typing.. with all those spaces and spelling errors.. my bad.. ill plop it in word... . and fix it up a tad...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mr. T

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i followed the instructions for incorporating gifs into turing, but for unexplicable reason it jus wont work
any ideas why not?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pwned wrote:
any ideas why not?

you pressed a wrong button while trying to execute the code? Laughing I have no idea - what's the problem?
fabulos

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

after some time of animating it gives me an error.

"Illegal picture ID number "0" (Probable cause:picture was not successfully)"

in the flag program it says. the same thing.

so how would u make it so it loops forever...??
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fix the error. You've probably misnamed a picture, either in your code or it's actual name. If not that, then it's probably located in the correct folder. It's easiest if it's in the same folder as your turing file.
bolufromthesoo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I used Fraps to save alot of screenshots (800x600.jpg) from my favourite fps games. (1sec per screenshot) Then I batch processed them with Irfanview so they would be halo1, halo2, etc.

The problems is that: after about 20 seconds (or 150 frame-ish) the program gets an error (). Upon furthur inspection, I found that the program errors when I ran out of memory (256MB).

Can anyone fix this? Or do I have to batch resize them? The program looks pretty cool and you could probably sync it with in-game sounds.

EDIT Problem solved. Thx Cervantes.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

IIRC, Turing has a limit of 1000 pictures that can be stored at any given time. You've probably exceeded that limit. Are you using Pic.Free at any point? You should probably have that inside your loop after you've drawn the picture (assuming you won't need that specific picture again). The problem is, this program will run really slowly, because you can't set each picture outside the main loop. Rather, you have to create a picture inside the loop, draw it, and then free it. It's as though you're using Pic.ScreenLoad().
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for covering it cervants Very Happy. ..ive been AFK a lot... and yes i saw one of the guys programs who made that.. i think it was bolu.. . hes at my school... hes making halo .. and omfg.. it looks like a REAL animation.. its awsome!..laggy at times with 800x600 pix.. but still awsome

yea i wish turing would allow more then 1000. .picfree helpsa lot .. but sometimes its really a pain to incorporate without delay when you clear the pics then reinit the picture var..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BigBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:[Tutorial] Using .GIF Images In Turing! YES its posible!!!!

Turing:
%http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=4637&highlight=gif
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Program To Use GIFs %
% Kevin The Short One %
% Canada Flag Animated%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
View.Set ("offscreenonly")
colorback (black)
cls   %% make the screen look good...
%%%%%% ^ sets the window size etc, i used window.open so i can close at the end
var picnum, pic : int := 0
%%%% u need a variable for the picture.. and one to count up the frames
loop
    exit when hasch %%% exits when u push a button
    if picnum not= 8 then  %%% the number of frames, makes sure it done exceed
        picnum += 1 %%% makes the frame count go higher
    else %%% the frame number is higher then the amount of pictures
        picnum := 1 %%% restart at frame 1
    end if
    pic := Pic.FileNew ("Images/can" + intstr (picnum) + ".BMP")
    %%% ok... that makes the picture variable change to reflect the current picture
    %%%% intstr converts interger to string so it will be can1.bmp or can2.bmp depending on the frame...
    Pic.Draw (pic, maxx div 2 - 75, maxy div 2 - 50, picCopy) %%% draws the flag in the middle of screen
    View.Update
    cls
    delay (100)
end loop
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: