Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hall Of Shame
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
s_climax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
some girl in my grade

User Name: N/A

Date: 2 weeks ago

Source: my memory

Category: "can somebody do my project for me?"

Quote/Story:
Quote:

her: Andy, can you do my project for me?
me: no, i'm not even done mine
her: but you did other ppls
me: i helped them, i didn't do it for them
her: i'm begging you, please
me: noo, find some one else
her: if you don't do it, i'm gonna tell mr.smyth that u did other ppl's work
me: fine, fine.

a while later

Quote:

me: i'm done
her: thank you soooo much
me: what ever
her: hey where are the comments
me: you do it
her: if you don't do the comments, i'm gonna bug you none stop
me: fine fine.

whipped
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry this was a long time ago but I must:
AsianSensation wrote:
that's why your schools should stop being cheap and buy optical mice.

when:last year - beginning of the course
who: my friend - nameless
category: funny

We had just gotten into the class and were checking out the computers, and my friend was pointing out the nice optical mice. I told him that they work on any surface, including your face. So, naturally, he tries to login using his face as a mousepad. Now as it turns out it might have been better for him to actually act like a mousepad and lie down on the table. for you see, doing that would have kept him closer to the ground. Instead, sitting up as he was, my teacher--a fat man who uses a metre stick as though he was a ninja--noticed what he was doing and whacked the metre stick on my friends monitor. He was kinda jumpy after that.

apparently the oils and grease on your face can screw up the optical mouse. Eh
zeldamaster1230

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol ... sweet, Cervantes. I remember him ... the teacher that is ... great guy.
I have one, I guess:
When: grade 10 comp sci/business course
who: one Michael G******
category: idiot

Basically, this guy, Michael G******, was/is a complete idiot, and asked me to do his work for him. The conversation went basically like this: (excuse the vulgar language)

Mike: Hey ... do my work for me.
Me: No, you should do it yourself.
Mike: Hey ... do my work, or I'll cut your f***ing tongue out.
Me: Hmm ... that seems like a very good proposition there, Mike. But, you know what? I've got a better one: How about ... you go f*** yourself ... and I get back to work.

He threatened me again, to which I told my teacher, and had him moved to the back of the class.

Note the last names in this post where edited, for more info as to why see: http://wiki.compsci.ca/index.php?title=Legal_Threats
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:59 pm   Post subject: reply

zeldamaster1230 wrote:

He threatened me again, to which I told my teacher, and had him moved to the back of the class.

tell teacher? tell vp! get him in big trouble! lol
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

User Name: dougeby

Category: lol dumb? iunno

Quote/Story:
dougeby wrote:
All right. who Hacked all the rest of the Posts? There are only 3 showing here.

Youuuuuuuuuuuuu Hackers.

Doug

(This post was posted on the 2nd page of the topic he was posting in Very Happy)
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL... what an idiot.. we should hack his post just for the heck of it
MihaiG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heres a funny story to

where :School
when : a few weeks ago
him:how do i get random integer?
me:randint (variable :string,x,y)
him: so like this a := randint (1,49)?
me: no like this randint (a,1,49)!
him: ohhh
me: get it
him: ya,, so like this randint (1,49,a)

i went storming off
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Interesting. I personally prefer Rand.Int (low, high : int) : int over randint (var i : int, low, high : int). Neat that he instinctively wanted to use your procedure as a function.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MihaiG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

where:toronto
when:a while back

my friends dad was hooking up internet server with rogers cable"ppl in canada know the company" well the guy asked him what kind of internet he needed the guy sauid highspeed... the clerk then asked hims what OS he had.. the guy responded Linux... the clerk said he can't give him internet because hackers use Linux...teh guy had a fit
templest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ELCOMANDANTE wrote:
where:toronto
when:a while back

my friends dad was hooking up internet server with rogers cable"ppl in canada know the company" well the guy asked him what kind of internet he needed the guy sauid highspeed... the clerk then asked hims what OS he had.. the guy responded Linux... the clerk said he can't give him internet because hackers use Linux...teh guy had a fit
LIES! That was a story on that one site with jokes about stupid people in CompSci.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sammy101 wrote:
I'm taking comp.sci right now in highschool and am in desperate need of help. I came into this course late and was basically lost day one,second one. I don't even know the basics and am in risk of failing the course. So at this point every mark i get will count and the teacher gave an assignment where we need to create a game with loops,graphics,selection,external files and arays. I have no idea what to do and found this site as a last resort ,if anyone has an old game or anything thats not super complicated you'd be pretty much saving me from failing mark.
Oi... how annoying Confused The thread is here: http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=7051
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

From being a Residence Computer Consultant. True story, it's sad.

As an RCC, it is my responsibility to make sure that everyone in my building gets their residence internet (ResNet) working properly. As such, during the first week of school, my phone is pretty much ringing off the hook, as people can't figure out how to make it work.

One of the more common problems that I've had was that people would plug a phone cable into the ethernet jack on the back of their computers, and then plug this into the wall. While at first I thought that this was incredibly dumb, I quickly discovered that phone cables actually do lock into place in the RJ45 jacks, so your average arts student could get confused.

This event that I am about to describe, however, truely makes me question my existence. I got a phone call. Some girl on the 10th floor couldn't get her internet working. The elevators were jammed full of people bringing their stuff up to their rooms, so the stairs were my only option, and, after running around all day, weren't very inviting. I live on the second floor. Choking up my tears however, I made the climb, and got to her room.

Inside, it was a sight to behold. Her laptop was there, with a phone cable, not plugged into the RJ45 jack, but instead jammed in to the PCMCIA slot. Not only this, but she had realized that it didn't fit at first, so she broke off the little tab of it so it would fit. I couldn't help myself, I nearly fell over laughing.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL was she hot tho?
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kinda plain. I could never be attracted to someone like that though. Oh man...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah, Martin is full of stories from his RCC week.. actually..

so during the first week of school Martin had his phone unplugged, so people were comming over to our place, looking for him. So Martin is out and this chick comes in, looking to have her internet fixed or something. Alright, I desided to find out what's wrong myself.

So we walk over to her room and she's like "give me a second", sends some messages on MSN, closes the window, turns the monitor tawards me - "so how do I set up the internet?"

I just walked out Confused
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 7 of 10  [ 139 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: