Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How Long Can You last?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
nate

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:22 pm   Post subject: How Long Can You last?

Basically i had 2 min. to spare and decided to make a game. This game is simple but the key is to wear earphones and turn up the volume really loud. Speakers work fine too.
*WARNING*
Any hearing loss will not be because of me Laughing Laughing lol Laughing Laughing

Basically I wanna see how long you can last and the after effects the program gives you (lol).
I did it for 54 s. before giving up. and my ears were rining madly for a minute afterwards.

HOW LONG CAN U LAST?

code:
var x :int := 1
var y :int
loop
sound (x, 200)
x += 10
locate (1,1)
put "PRESS ANY BUTTON TO QUIT IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE SOUND"
clock (y)
exit when hasch
end loop
put "You lasted for ", y /1000 ," seconds"
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
nate

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing GIVE ME +5 bits Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Then i will be at 50!

-I HAVE 72 post and am only at 45
*************GIVE TO THE POOR*******************
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ugh, i've worked with turing's sound before so i've got the intelligence not to try this. if you listen to it to much i'll bet your ears explode...
how the heck could you last 54 seconds?!

ah heck, what do i need bits for? i'll give you 5 bits to not kill people in their sleep with your sound program
nate

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how high can the frequency go? cause i was wonderin how long you could actually last?
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well from what i can remember (which i suppose isn't much...), most humans can only hear sound up to 20000Hz in frequency. am i right?
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man this sound can be really trippy if yer not sobber =Þ. but i went for 89 seconds... ow my friggin head... =(
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i lasted for 100.662 seconds, but then i could not hear it any more so ethier my ear drum blew out, my head phones died or it whent to high frequnc.

owww, now all i can here is beeping sownd .....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

After a while, the sound goes back down.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticAngel

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i lasted for 135.225 seconds
Blade

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my hearing isnt very good. and i dont have headphones but my speakers were up pretty high. i didnt wanna wait any longer to post this but i lasted 228 sec. in that time it went all the way up and back down to the beginning again so i figure its a waste of time to go any longer lol. (my speakers were all the way up. my dad complained cuz he was sleepin up in his room
Corpy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no speaker makes it really easy to get a high score. Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: