Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d (kinda...) text rotation
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:04 pm   Post subject: 3d (kinda...) text rotation

it's not 'truly' 3D but then again, i wasn't going for 'truly' 3D (i'll leave that to catalyst Wink )

anyways, i saw an effect like this in an installer for... something... um and i thought it was pretty cool so i made my own.

MOD Edit: WOW, looks awesome. +30Bits - Tony
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
void

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WHOA!!!!!...thats a really amazing effect...the fact taht its not even just set for one word that you can change your word and it will give you the effec....really nice work...
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
you can change your word and it will give you the effec

yes... about that... it doesn't *really* work like that. if your text contains letters such as 'g', 'y', 'q' or any character at all that goes below the line (don't ask me to explain what i mean...) then it won't get the bottom part of the letter.

also, i set up the window to pretty much just fit -=MAZER=- so depending on how long yours is you'll have to adjust the window size.

but thanks anyways for the comments
kythoon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is it just me or does the text change direction?

very cool Very Happy
void

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ummm...are you sure about that...i used my nikaname on msn "Dushy" and it worked perfectly fine....and yea...the screen...thats true...but its not hard to change...
Asok

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very cool, I'm playing with the code to get some interesting effects.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah, cool, this is nice. Im not too good with RGB, but just wondering if you could use RGB for this and make it look more 3D, I'll see if I could do something like that.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Very cool effect Very Happy

form the code it looks like you have the basics of a particle engine there
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

void wrote:
ummm...are you sure about that...i used my nikaname on msn "Dushy" and it worked perfectly fine....and yea...the screen...thats true...but its not hard to change...

really? odd... maybe it's because of the font. i have it set to use one called "Sherwood"
anyways, i'll look into that later or something...

AsianSensation wrote:
Woah, cool, this is nice. Im not too good with RGB, but just wondering if you could use RGB for this and make it look more 3D, I'll see if I could do something like that.

sure that wouldn't be too hard at all. in fact... <shameless self advertisement> my RGB values program may prove quite useful in this </shameless self advertisement> Very Happy
Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dood taht is some pretty sweet stuffs. it'd make a pretty neat text effect too
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, made a tiny update, it should fix the problem with characters like 'y'... i still can't understand why it worked for you. anyways, i also made it easier to change stuff... well just the spacing between dots for now
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the best and only 3d text effect made by turing so far...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer... I saw that little edit to your post you made... not funny. Dont let me catch you with that again, else I'll change + to a - Twisted Evil
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually...that was me. He peer pressured me into it at school. I'll be back later, gotta buy some cigarettes Wink
Asok

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

in the 2nd example, if you change spacing to 1 then it looks REALLY 3D, pretty awesome, I award you +5 bits for adding that ability.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: