Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Update Suggestions for the site...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:08 pm   Post subject: Update Suggestions for the site...

hmmm... let's see
u just added chatbox...
a new skin would be nice( a dark skin =Þ)
Some new emotions
monthly lottery
and ummm... make a php update that pop up the chat window every time u login ...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh and dan... i have some phpBB experience so if u need hand with updating the site i'd b happy to help...
Ravage

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I say dont fix whats not broken
Blade

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not really fixing, they're addons
Martin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like the idea of a new skin...maybe make it so that you can choose from a list of skins whenever you log in Wink
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well there is a thing like that but there is only on skin in it Laughing

but the porblem with that is that i have to remake all the chages i did wheni added all the mods and other stuff to the site Confused

i will see what i can do tho.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i know it takes a long time to fix the addons on all of the skins.... but that's what we pay you for... oh wait we dont pay u... =/
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah... not only you dont pay us... people like blade tell us to spend more of our own money on the site Confused But his faery does have nice boobs... Laughing Can't stay mad at blade Smile
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah only if he wasn't the boobyman.... =Þ
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmmmmm... people seem to be complaining about no one joining the chat well i got an idea... how bout we add the chatroom at the end of the page...?
this is what you gotto do dan
1. open bbs/includes/page_tail.php
2. find :
code:
exit;
?>

replace with
code:
?>
<IFRAME name="iframe" src="http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/chatbox_mod/chatbox.php" height="659" width="100%" border="1" bordercolor="black">
<?
exit;
?>
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or add this to the beggining of anypage u want to make a pop up window containing the char box...
code:
<body onload="window.open('http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/chatbox_mod/chatbox.php')" >
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and wach the banwith slip away, lol.

the chat room refeshe evey few sections and the pop-up whould realy start pissing me off, so for now i will not be doing that. but thanks for the idea and how to do that if i even whont to Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm... bandwidth problem eh... maybe this'll help
does this look like a good chat room if yeah... then just add this somewhere in footer or header ...and it doesn't use up compsci bandwidth Very Happy
code:
<applet codebase=http://network1.parachatfree.com/pchat/network/classes
 archive=pchat.zip code=ParaChat.class HEIGHT=400 WIDTH=600>
<param name="cabbase" value="pchat.cab">
<param name="Channel" value="#Compsci chat">
<param name="ui.BgColor" value="333333">
Sorry, but your browser is not Java enabled, and you will not be able to chat
</applet>

http://freepop.parachat.com/freepop/freechathost-network-black.html?room=compsci chat', 'parachat', 'width=600,height=490,location=no,menubar=no

Mod: had to chage that in to a link becuse it was makeing pop-ups come up and was messing up the topick
Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i was thinking of a irc chat room, that way there whould only be ads that we whont and better conturl over everting.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i c... but where can u get a free irc room...?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: