Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How bout a chat room
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should there be a chat room...
(No ending time set)
Yay a chat room... =)
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Boo dont need live chatroom... =(
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:45 pm   Post subject: How bout a chat room

hmmm... now that dan has solved the bandwidth problem how bout a chat addon to this site i know phpbbhacks has a good chat room for phpbb.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Blade

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i personally dont like chat rooms.... theres way too much stuff goin on there when you got like 50 ppl in there at the same time, its too agrivating and most of the time you arent noticed lol so BOOOOOO
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: How bout a chat room

Homer_simpson wrote:
hmmm... now that dan has solved the bandwidth problem how bout a chat addon to this site i know phpbbhacks has a good chat room for phpbb.

i will look in to it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Blade

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

damn you **shakes fist like homer when he's getting the day care award**

lol jp
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we have now added a chat to the fourm. you need to be loged in to use it , tell me how you like it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
BoyGenius

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i havent chated yet, but by the looks of it is pretty good. y did u keep the smileys in a different box ?? it would be better if u put in on the chat forum
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol...
he didn't that's how the chat is designed althou u could edit the php file and change it...
void

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

chat room is great...i like it... suggestions:
allow pvt for people to get direct help, its much easier if you say post a question on the main thingy and someone answers in pvt so that you dont miss it for example:
void say: why am i such a dumbass
(!----you have received a private message from asok----!)
asok says: i dont know...but ur right...u are a dumbass
...okay...maybe that was a bad example...but u get the idea....and i suport the emoticons thingy...on a side note...are you guys selling advertisements..im getting more popups than usual..and i c taht dating crap....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am not realy shure what you mean there void, we got pm. and as for the pop up's since i chaged the ads i have not goten 1 pop-up. if you are geting them could you tell me how many and how often.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think void is trying to stear this site tawards a more direct, 1on1 help with programming, such as where you reply to posts in PM...

the thing is, it's better to leave it as a discussion board since you can get different approaches to same problem and everybody can benifit from a discussion.

Though I think we could come up with something like an alerter to when someone replies to your message if you're currently online or something. Talk to dan.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

whats the bandwidth solution?
the ads?
Ravage

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well since we've had the chat room nobody has really used it, everytime Im around here noone's even in there, so I dont think we really need it
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: