Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Star Trek Blackjack
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

What do you think of Star Trek Blackjack?
(No ending time set)
Very good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Good
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horrible
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

who cares?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: Star Trek Blackjack

ok, one of my grade 11 projects, not my final one...

it's got some problems (i should have added delays in some places... and some other things), but, egh....

what do you think?

i know it's not that good, but since everyone's sharing, i thought i should too...

Star Trek Blackjack.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Star Trek Blackjack.zip
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Downloaded:  599 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Genesis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Definatley a cool twist on black jack. Though I thought in black jack if the player goes over 21, the house automatically wins.

But anyways, maybe a few delays would've helped, when the dealer is playing maybe. Those animations are a bit quick.

But have some bits 'cuz it's cool, and I like Star Trek.

+ 10 bits.
Delos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty nice.
Couple of suggestions.
Instead of "Player Wins", change it to
playerNameVar + " Wins" or something to that effect.
Also, when one quits we get a run time error, that could be due to your trying to close the main run window. So, if you havn't already done so Window.Open() a window at the onset of the programme. This will then be the window you close at the end.
Or perhaps change some arguments when you compile?

Your next task could be to add different AI profiles. Each player may have 'chacractersitics' associated with them - how much they're likely to bet, what the maximum value they can have before standing, how often the drop a game (oh yeah, you could add that too).
This may seem formidible, but it's really just a matter of variable manipulation and randomization - no really heavy duty AI...hehehe.

Try stuff out. Otherwise quite solid, and as with all Blackjack games, addictive.
Good stuff.

BTW, is there a point at which you win the game?

+ Bits.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: