Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help to convert this into "colourable"
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> Photoshop Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:18 pm   Post subject: Need help to convert this into "colourable"

Take a look at this drawing (I drew it, hehe)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6867089/

now, because i shaded it, it's hard to colour it in photoshop, and i know nothing about photoshop

i most concern is, when i have a scaned pencil sketch, how do i make it neat and clean, patch up all the borken lines with photoshop?

a link to some tutorial will be really nice, thank you very much!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, i think you should simply use ps for shading (look at some coloured anime on devian art and you'll see what i mean).
Using paintbush is the best way, just gatta have patience while paiting.. it's like airbushing...takes time.
Ill see if i can find a tutorial for it.

*this might help and this
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

put another page over your original drawing and trace the outlines. Then scan that in. You should defenatly shade in PS, not pencil Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: um... thanx

thanx for the tut, but it's not what i'm looking for (kinda hard to draw with mouse...)

what i was look for is how to make a pencil sketch neat and clean with photoshop, you know, take out the little pencil marks, patch the broken pencil lines, stuff like that, thanx
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, you can use the brush filters and the artistic filters.
But really just do what tony said, trace the lines out over the origional one..
and then make another layer for the skin
and another layer for the shadow (or w/e)
if you go over the lines... make a selection of the outline you made and go on the skin layer or w/e and press del.. your lines will show again.
the attachment below i did doing the exact same thing (i didn't spend time on it so the outline is a bit messed up) Very Happy

head.jpg
 Description:
:D
 Filesize:  48.97 KB
 Viewed:  26470 Time(s)

head.jpg

greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:56 am   Post subject: reply

thanx dude
blackwhite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: Re: um... thanx

greenapplesodaex wrote:
thanx for the tut, but it's not what i'm looking for (kinda hard to draw with mouse...)

what i was look for is how to make a pencil sketch neat and clean with photoshop, you know, take out the little pencil marks, patch the broken pencil lines, stuff like that, thanx

If you have a good scanner:
Trace your sketch onto another paper with a fine tip black pen/marker or whatever you have. Scan it. Make the white transparent. Make a layer under your image layer and colour on that layer. Hint: You might want to use a few layers for different parts of the picture.

If you don't have a good scanner:
Trace your sketch onto another paper with a fine tip black pen/marker or whatever you have. Scan it. Make a layer on top of your image layer. Trace it on PS, then do whatever mentioned above.

TRACING: If you have access to a light table, use it. If not, you can use a clean window and sunlight. Use your imagination.
Genesis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/outline/outline.html

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/outline1/outline.html

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/coloring/coloring.html

http://www.nexuschronicles.com/tutorials.php?action=view&id=1&ht=1

Those might help, although the instructions in the first 3 links are pretty basic. (The techniques they explain do work though. I've used them on some simpler drawings of mine.) I find the method they use (with the pen tool) tends to be the best way to make clean, crisp drawings from pencil sketches in PS. (Although it is a pretty lengthy process, the final product usually looks great.)

EDIT: I didn't even realize this topic was 5 months old. Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hoshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:06 am   Post subject: RE:Need help to convert this into "colourable"

your lines are very shakey and rough. I suggest that you ink it either digitally with Photoshop(using brush at a small size), Illustrator(bezier curves). Besides these two manga studio is great.
Or with markers or nib pen
Ambit_Energy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Need help to convert this into "colourable"

Try to look on youtube there's a lot of tutorial that can lead you for an answer of your question.

Rolling Eyes
viktorz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 am   Post subject: Re: Need help to convert this into "colourable"

greenapplesodaex @ Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:18 pm wrote:
Take a look at this drawing (I drew it, hehe)

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6867089/

Very good excellent work!! ))
???????????0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p
0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p
0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p0p
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> Photoshop Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: