Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 maya?
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CHUTHAN20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:18 pm   Post subject: maya?

which is good? maya or flash mx?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For 3d stuff? i did not know flash even had a 3d part to it.

If you have money or shop at kazaa/emule you should go with 3d max, but there are some open sorce free 3d progames like blender (i think it is called) that are also just as good.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

flash MX doesn't have 3D without 3rd party plugins.

Personally I'd go with 3DSMAX, but Maya is on par with that if you're fine with UI
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Good point, Blender is cheap. Very Happy
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I like Maya better then 3D MAX, Don't know why maybe cos that's the first thing i used Smile

Tho it cost too much.....
Viper

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

is it possible to get maya free??(and b able 2 use it so the question is really is there a way 2 get maya and licence+key free?)
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes. You can get it for free by being a filthy sinning thief of a software pirate. OR, if you actually give some kind of shit about 3D graphics (I mean, why else do you care about the program?) I suppose you might be willing to shell out some cash. If you're going to do anything productive with it, you should be able to justify it's expense.

Or am I just in a bad mood today?
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There is a free version of Maya for learing purposes only. It's called Maya PLE. It's just like the full version, only it's for personal use and leaves a watermark on everything you render. Great way to try out the program though.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Viper

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what do u mean it leaves a watermark on stuff you make do u mean it encodes something or actually puts a streak across it?

Confused
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, even if someone was serious about 3d modelling - they might not be able to "shell out some cash", or at least enough since its over $1000, maybe even $5000? I forget.

Another good 3d modeller - especially for games is Milkshape 3d, its free too.
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Viper wrote:
what do u mean it leaves a watermark on stuff you make do u mean it encodes something or actually puts a streak across it?

Confused
It leaves a watermark which is tiled across the entire image. It says something like "Not for commercial use" or something like that. Haven't used it in a few weeks though. It's very noticable and not discreet at all.
Viper

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have only seen demos of maya other than PLE but i still think that $6999 american is a bit much i dont see tht being justified unless you plan on selling the creations/your work
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Viper wrote:
i have only seen demos of maya other than PLE but i still think that $6999 american is a bit much i dont see tht being justified unless you plan on selling the creations/your work

That's exactly my point. And if you don't plan to sell your works, what are you planning to use it for?
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: