Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Apple I-Pods are pretty cheap
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: Apple I-Pods are pretty cheap

How to Get a Free IPOD

This is prolly old for some of you, but I decided to look at a tech forum from another place I go and they've been talking about this place. It's apparently a real deal, since there's even an article from Wired.com confirming.

Unfortunately for most of us here, it's for US only. But if some compsci member is willing to do a little shipping for us, I'm sure we could work out a deal Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wasn't Jimmy doing one of those things? Do you know how that turned out?
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ive had mine since may , and they are awsome i back it 100% , i didnt get mine so cheap , about a 427.68 price difference Very Happy Very Happy
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And now you can buy them from HP too, if you prefer...
Genesis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So does that site actually work? You just sign up for one of those offers, and they ship you a free iPod?
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is taken straight from the other forum where I found it

Quote:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

Unless you're extremely gullible, the promise of getting a free iPod from FreeiPods.com looks extremely dubious.

But surprisingly, the site appears to be legitimate. The program almost certainly isn't a dodgy pyramid scheme; it's a new form of online marketing supported by companies like eBay, AOL and Columbia House.

Better than spending hundreds of thousands of commercials on plain advertisements, no?

Ok, so here's how it works.
1. Sign up
2. Verify your email (this took all of 60 seconds to arrive)
3. Complete one of the listed offers (I'm doing the AOL one)
4. Refer 5 people who must complete one offer apiece
5. Wait for ipod

NO SHIT.

It sounds too fucking good to be true, but apparently these marketers have created enough attention for it to actually work. All you need is an email address (and maybe a credit card, depending on the offer you try).

Here's my suggestion for the forum. We got enough people around here to get a lot of folks some ipods. Sign up through someone in this thread, then post your own link. Once you have your five signups, remove your link so there's enough to go around.

Please do not sign up unless you plan on completing an offer! Some have free trials that you can cancel once you get credit on the ipod site, others may cost $5 or so for shipping.

If you sign up through someone's referral link, post what offer you chose so that person will know how soon the credit will go through. Also keep your links updated with how many more people you need!

Click here to sign up for your free ipod! ht*p://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8316972 (provided everyone signs up for an offer, this one is closed...start posting your own links, guys!)

And it's true, or else there wouldn't be 6 pages of people setting up referral teams and offering up their links so they can get some credit.

This takes teamwork to get your IPOD quickly.
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

People, People... I say, just for testing purposes, I sign up for this "deal", just to be on the safe side (y'know, make out for the well being of the CompSci' community), and you all sign up afterwards with me as a refferal. I know, I know, my gmail account will probably get spammed with 13245463567 emails a day; I guess this will be a good time to test out if those 2 GBs aren't shared. I know, I know, You might be saying "Has templest gone mad, or does he really love compsci' enough that much to go through that hell?" But you know what? I'm willing to take one for the team. If I get a free iPod in my mail, I'll post, confirming that it's not a scam. Exclamation

Feel free to click this whenever you want: http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8409759 (prefferably sometime between 2 - 3 seconds after reading my previous sentence).

EDIT: Please, oh please. If you're going to sign up for this, at least do me this favour and sign-up by click the link I provided. FOR THE LOVE OF <Insert random deity you believe in, which coincidentally, I DO TOO! Wow, we have so much in common! Smile >!!! Mad
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Apple I-Pods are pretty cheap

naoki wrote:

Unfortunately for most of us here, it's for US only.

Oh, God, damnit. **********************************************************************************************
[mod:2720d583f8]
Do i realy need to say why????
[/mod:2720d583f8]

Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Genesis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Is there any of those offers that you don't need a credit card to sign up for?
I'm too lazy to check them all.
naoki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'll check later, I remember a few members saying something about not needing to use a c-card

and on a similar note of good deals, last night staples had a midnight sale. they sold the usual cheap pens and duotangs, but were also selling sony lcd's, compaq computers, and 64 mb Verbatim memory keys for $10

of course, i picked up two for myself, and saved $80 by doing so
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

don't try this, you'll be getting tons of spam in your email Rolling Eyes
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
don't try this, you'll be getting tons of spam in your email

that is why you sign up for 6 new free emails and never ever use them again Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
I'll check later, I remember a few members saying something about not needing to use a c-card

and on a similar note of good deals, last night staples had a midnight sale. they sold the usual cheap pens and duotangs, but were also selling sony lcd's, compaq computers, and 64 mb Verbatim memory keys for $10

of course, i picked up two for myself, and saved $80 by doing so

Ahh!!! What the crap, could have told me something PRIOR to the sale, I want a couple of cheap memory keys.

As for the I-Pod, I know Duke University gives one out to each undergraduate student this year. Part of an "Experiment". Though they probably payed for it in their tuition anyways.
naoki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know that U of T gave a gift to students willing to move out of their dorms and into somewhere off campus

I think it was either a Blackberry (some digital organizer thing) or a $2500 laptop.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... I'll go live on campus... take the gift and move back to my house Smile lol
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: