Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 this real?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: this real?

http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/stairwaybackwards.htm

hmmm Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh WOW! That link he uses to the "proof" (the original clip) is broken; it HAS to be true.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

looking at the lyrics, I dont see how that could work Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats what i thought until i pulled out my copy (downloaded) of it then cropped and reversed it (it actually works)

http://catalyze.mine.nu/clip.rar
theres a wav file of the that portion of the song (from my copy), try it yourself by flipping it in windows sound recorder
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hooah!
That's amazing.
And scary, very.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The stairway to heaven one is pretty noticeable where it says satan the second and third time, as is the 666 part. The rest of it is very, very difficult to make out what its saying.

The John Lennon one (Imagine) is total BS. I couldn't make out a single word that Lennon supposedly put in there backwards. Only after reading the lyrics could I hear it, but it was not coherient in the slightest, and I think someone just made it up.
Besides, I don't think John Lennon would do something like that.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So the consensus here is that these artists intentionally "hid" lyrics about satan in their music? What for?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Satan is everywhere, if you look closely enough at anything, you'll find him... *Squints closely at Tony's avatar*
Tony's avatar comes alive, looks around innocently... "what?"
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the im so tired one is so clear lol
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i read on and some comments etc

the interpretation of the lyrics is about a lady who is buying her way into heaven..

well maybe led zeplin wanted to talk about heaven, and do the reverse (satan, hell) when u paly it backwards.... intentional? maybe.. woulda be hell of a hard.... or unintentional.... SPOOKY...

u chooose what version u want to beelive..

i also revered it and it worked.. :O thats scary..

the 666 espcially./... its not in the forward lyrics.. . thats embeded in the beat or something..
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Why would someone do that -.- and the "My name is" that one is odd Rolling Eyes
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i used Audacity (thanks to the person at compsci who suggested it way back in that thread about sound recorder..)

to record it... then i reversed it.,
in case ur lazy... and want it for offline purposes.

here is stairway to heaven backwards

http://www.members.shaw.ca/short1_music/stairwayback.wav

and... i was not able to understand the my name is backwards... and i listend to it twice..

meh.. is their lyrics? i forgot now and im too lazy to go back..
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Why would someone do that -.- and the "My name is" that one is odd Rolling Eyes
The my name is one was awsome, you could actually vibe to the backwards tune of it. Very Happy

Stairway to heaven one is really awsome. Think of all the effort that had to be put in, in order to make an awsome song like that, and still make it sound well backwards. Who cares if it's in the name of glorious "sad satan"? Razz

The "I'm so tired" one is cool too.

The pokemon rap one sounds indistinguishable. You can kinda get the jist of it, but this was obviously not done intentionally (if you listen to it, you'll see too).

The Pink Floyd one rocks. He just clear out says: "Congratulations, you've found the secret message." Very Happy

My faviourite one has to be the queen one though. Defenetly! Laughing If you want to know what I'm talking about, listen to it (but don't read the lyrics in advanced), t'll nock your socks off! Very Happy
valor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that is so cool. i remember seeing something like this on little nicky when he played the record backwards with those to stoner guys watching him. anyway i thought that was just a joke but turns out it is actually quite real..... spooky Twisted Evil
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:44 am   Post subject: reply

for "paul is a dead man" and the "secrect message", they were made that way and played backwards in the song. that's y it was so clear
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: