Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Photoshop not letting me use certain filters. :-/ Help.
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: Photoshop not letting me use certain filters. :-/ Help.

Photoshop isn't letting me use some filters, and I have no idea why. I'm trying to use the "Distort" filter, but it won't let me (disabled), and there are all the other ones like that. Only Blur, Sharpen, Noise, and Stylize work, nothing else. wtf? Hoe do I enable these? Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make sure that your workarea is in RGB format.

Image -> Mode -> RGB color

some filters don't work with other color modes Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also some filters don't work on a Background (lock) layer. But mainly what Tony said... it happnes to me when i edit other pictures-- anoying Very Happy
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One thing I sometimes do is mistakenly open imageready... and of course lots of tools are disabled... stupid I know.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope, still won't let me use them. Confused
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

post your photoshop file
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
Nope, still won't let me use them. Confused

For any new file you make?
See that when your making a new file the mode is not Bitmap, CMYK or Lab color.
eNc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know it may sound dumb but, do you have stuff on the layer ? if it still doesn't work i think you should "aquire" a new copy of it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
myob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make sure ur layer is not locked Very Happy
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

myob wrote:

That wouldn't cause the problem which he was having, that would simply not allow you to edit the layer Rolling Eyes
eNc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
myob wrote:

That wouldn't cause the problem which he was having, that would simply not allow you to edit the layer Rolling Eyes

i agree
LnC22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:41 am   Post subject: Re: Photoshop not letting me use certain filters. :-/ Help.

I've been having the same problem, and then I experimented with it and I think I have found a solution.

If you have been creating 16 bit images, like me, I went to Image>Mode>8-bit, and then all of my filters worked.
Petermulti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:55 am   Post subject: Re: Photoshop not letting me use certain filters. :-/ Help.

templest @ 24th August, 21:34 wrote:
Photoshop isn't letting me use some filters, and I have no idea why. I'm trying to use the "Distort" filter, but it won't let me (disabled), and there are all the other ones like that. Only Blur, Sharpen, Noise, and Stylize work, nothing else. wtf? Hoe do I enable these? Confused

Sometimes photoshop won't let you use certain filters if the document is too big. Try to create a new smaller document, and see if it works there. If so, then drag the layer on wich you want to use the filter to this new document. Apply the filter, and drag it back again. Not very smart, but it works.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: