Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Interest in computers... genetics 'n stuff?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

do one/both of your parents working with computers/engineering/math or technology?
(No ending time set)
yes
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
no
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: Interest in computers... genetics 'n stuff?

I dunno, but I think being interested in computers 'n technology has something to do with genetics but the bigger part is the environment in which you grow up. So... to test this, do one/both of your parents working with computers/engineering/math or technology?

Anyhow, that was just an excuse to post this.

There are only 10 types of...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raugrist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My dad is a bio-medical engineer, and supposedly was a good math student back when it actually mattered to other people. But I don't think that had much to do with my interest in computers considering both my parents are fairly computer illeterate.
My dad can at least do routine tasks using a computer (provided one of my brothers/sister or myself show him once), but my mom won't even push the power button if nobody else is around. Which is fortunate considering the computer is almost always on.

I think my interest in computers has to do with a long history of using them. Mainly for gaming, but why else would a kid start using a computer? It starts with the Commodore64 and goes on and on and on.

PS: Hilarious comic, I gotta start reading that.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, AppleGeeks.com has been my favorite webcomic ever since Ian started experimenting with his art styles Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope, no one in my famly dose computer/engering stuff. My famly are all bialogists and know nothing about computer or engering kind of things.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol Biologists? right now I'm trying to make a game with turing for my biology summative presentation. Laughing
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My dad's a mechanical engineer. He was a math genius too back in his day. Not great with computers though. Maybe that's why I can do math, but he certainly has nothing to do with me being able to use computers.

I didn't even grow up in a computer/tech environment. We got our first computer when I was like 13.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

My mom's an english teacher :p

[mod:c9e6267d46] testing 1 2 3... [/mod:c9e6267d46]
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: