Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Waterloo!
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know Massey is one of the prefered schools cause we take every single one of those damn contests they dish out. So if your school is paying them a large sum of money, then I assume your school is "prefered".

That, and we have an organized trip to U of Waterloo every year.

sad sad school......
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

prefered schools would be those that regularly place in top w/e lists of programming and math contests.

Other good ways to score additional points on the AIF (Additional Information Form) is ofcourse to score good on such contests yourself. I belive that they actually have fields to fill out with your scores, and checkmarks for contests you will be taking later that year so that they can monitor your results.

A solid reference letter is a plus.

I don't remember how detailed computer science form was, but my 6 page engineering AIF included portfolio type of entry for related things. So w/e projects (such as compsci.ca in my case) could also make you stand out.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
dodge_tomahawk wrote:
darkness got in with his low marks becuase he goes to massey... any massey enriched kid can get into waterloo if they want

Any program? or only computer/math related ones?

why would u go to waterloo for anything else?? its only good for math/enginner/business
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dude, my average was 86. Not 'low 80s' yeeshh... Evil or Very Mad

I got ~70 on the euclid though, I think that helped a bit.

And I'm going for honours computer science (co-op!! w00t), not english.

Clearly people, have some more faith in me Razz

I just proved that I can get through highschool not doing any work, and still get into the program that I wanted to. That's gonna have to stop for university though I think :p

It's hilarious. On the university of waterloo forum for people going into first year, there are people saying "Yeah, I got 115 on the euclid." I have a feeling university's not going to be so hard. Fucking wankers.

And then they're like..."oh, I got it confused...I thought it was the one out of 150..."

Yeah what, the Gauss?!
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hm... are math contests only important if your going to UW? cause I heard you put your name, and birth date on the application, and the transcript is sent, and I would think only UW cares about the math contests or w/e...
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Most universities look at math contests (if you're going into math that is). It's a much better measure of skill than marks, because marking is subjective.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How are contests not? since it is just a look at how well u are doing for like one hour or one day of your life. While marks cover a school year. Altougth marks ushely are bised but some times that can be a good thing since the teacher can bost your mark to make it relfect your true skill.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
since the teacher can bost your mark to make it relfect your true skill.

or to just make you get into that university... I go to private school Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

115 on Euclid? LMAO

maybe we could make a list of all the people going to waterloo and have there email or msn posted
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah...that puts your 98 last year to shame, eh jack?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the Gonk's where it's at. have fun at your lan parties at waterloo lol
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah. We're already planning on running UT2004 over reznet untill we get disconnected from it Laughing
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But are you going to have unlimited bandwidth on the residence connection?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... as far as my limited understanding goes... something along the lines of 1GB / week Thinking I'll let you know in september as soon as we excede their "limits" Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Day one: Our logs show this student martin has already used 14GB up and down. Kick him out of the school.

I flashed the bios on my modem, now cogeco doesn't realize that I use any bandwidth...but uhh...shh...you didnt hear it from me Wink Twisted Evil
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 47 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: