Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CS AP
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:54 pm   Post subject: CS AP

I finished computer science 12 last year, so this year I convinced my CS teacher to let me take the AP (Advance Placement... as in university level) course. I think that's one of the few reasons I stayed in my crappy school Rolling Eyes

Anyways, you all know that noone likes CS. Yeah, even my school is scaping gr12 CS program next year. And my teacher is quiting Laughing The guidance didn't recognize my AP course to the point that it wasn't even considered in my (or my teacher's) skedual and I ended up having to stay after school to learn Java

Needless to say I ended up attending class twice a month Laughing And I'm confident that I taught my teacher more Java then he taught me Confused

Point is - I got my results in the mail today :

Level 5 : extreamly well qualified.

hah, I've been told that getting a 5 on APs is next to impossible. Which I could see, considering that a lvl3 counts for a university credit Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It's not impossible. I got 5s on both my Calculas and Physics AP exams. Some years are more difficult than others.

Congrats.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Gratz tony Razz Here are 1000 bitz for your l33tness.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

for lvl 5, all u need is 50%... i'd be surprised if u didnt get that
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, if its only 50%, why wouldn't they mark out of 10? 'Cuz I know I've scored well above 50% Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

he prob in a different marking system..

anywya..... that 1000 bits was usels... well tony got to have 3K bits and higher rank in memerlist.. well.. for a day.

CONGRATS Claping thats prety leet...
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Speaking of bits, I think that short1 should have bits deducted seeing as he's used explicit language in his sig (on the left), in this, an all ages forum... Shocked
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... shiterific is not a bad word... and tony / da n turned off shit as a bad word...

delos are u fealling a BIT lonely?(u not having many bits) heres 10 bits... Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, level 5, that is really really really good. Since people, cough cough, dodge, didn't know that level 5 was the highest you could get.

That's like 700+ in terms of SAT scoring.

Kudos tony. Have fun not taking first year CS at waterloo.
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You know I always thought the highest was lvl 4(+)... (atleast it was in my school lol). GJ ;D
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i knew that it was highest.. but im just staing that everything above 50%=level 5... i didnt say it was ezy
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... me too amailer.... hmm... and i hate the 4+ system.... stupid.. just vive me a c,c+,b,a and get it over with.,.. none of this other crap.... and whats with the 4 groups... Comunication,k/u,other two i forget... its stupid.. now teachers dont want to do marks until end of year cuz its too time consuming.. so the students suffer by no knowing their marks...

\
anyways... dodge u still make no sense.... everytyhing above 50%=level 5
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its ap u stupid... its for university credit
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: