Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Death of TechTv?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: The Death of TechTv?

It has started...

this week leo has left the screen saves to now only host call for help on techtv.

I bivle this is the start of very bad things to come. TechTv has been bougth by G4 (a gaming chanel) and alougth they have yet to merge the cahles yet i bilve the effects of this are being felet.

I think G4 is going to try to retool TechTv for gaming and for a yonger adouice. This i why i bivle leo has left TSS, and porbly TechTV alltogther soon b/c i bivle G4 is killing CFH.

I find this to be very sad, techtv was on of the best chaines i have ever seen and the only one that has had shows on video games and tehconlyg with out being overly lame or boraing. But with this new G4 crap i fear that there are trying to make it more "hip" and will just kill it. The effect has all ready ocored on TSS witch is now boraing with out leo.

Also even wores then just the content going to hell i am woried that teachtv canada (the only verson we get here) will fade out and will become only U.S. since some of few shows G4 whonts to keep from techtv can not be/are not aired in canada they will have less show to acualy show here. so i think that will put a stop to canada techtv soon.

Oh well i gusse leo is leveing the ship b4 it gose down. It is to bad, i gusse all we can hope for is a new network to rises from the ashish after G4 gose bankroped (and it will).

Aoruding to an arical about this ""X-Play," "Robot Wars," "Anime Unleashed," "The Screen Savers" and "Fresh Gear" will likely continue. ". i find this very disapoting, X-play is grat but robot wars in boraing (and can be seen on space) as well with fresh Gear. TSS is deing fast and Anime Unleashed may be the best show in the worald but is not alowed to play in canada. So what do we have left in the end? X-pay. wow that just going to suck. and what about Tech Live? That is a great new show, and now will probly be dead.

another quote G4 was "The new network will be about video games, the gamer lifestyle, gadgets and gear," Ms. Green said. "Our consumer is the iPod-carrying, HDTV-watching, camera-phone-using VOD generation.". All i can say about that is KILL ME NOW!!! why most they kill TechTV? so so very sad.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sad... for the couples times i acaully watched it *i dont get it on my tv... it was pretty cool..
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow some one other then me cares Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

been watching since zdtv Very Happy

leo was the greatest
techtv is going downhill tho
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Man. I love TechTv too bad my satelite no longer is able to bring the pleasures of watching TechLive, The ScreenSavers and X-PLay (formerly Extended Play), oh the good times. TechTv oh how I miss thee. But yeah, I love that channel, too bad they've changed it.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

While some good news is that they are plaing to bring back leo in a canada only call for help show.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that cool..

:headbang: go canada !!!

what network will host it??
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

g4techtv Shocked

i think they could not deal with all the flamers on there fourms about it so they gave in.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know if that is what it was, but they still shouldn't have changed something so awsome. If they were to change anything it should be 'Anime Unleached' it's a poor excuse for an anime, and an overal sub-par show. How can anyone stand it the translation is so bad.

Quote:
Poor doctor (insert name here), he fell into a vat of sulfiric acid and was never seen or heard from again.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Mint wrote:
If they were to change anything it should be 'Anime Unleached' it's a poor excuse for an anime

you got anime unleashed? do you live in canada?

and it could have not been that bad they did play Lain.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe "anime unleached" isn't the same thing as "anime unleashed" Razz, I got anime straight from japan for a while, with the sattlite
Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Har har har, anyway, I do live in Canada But with ubber mega awsome -cough- American -cough- satelite. By the way if you want a real anime watch Naruto, or I've heard some people actualy like Inu Yasha so check that out too.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, well according to Mazer and the rest of the ppl who watch anime, Full Metal Alchemist is way better than naruto.
Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
Hehe, well according to Mazer and the rest of the ppl who watch anime, Full Metal Alchemist is way better than naruto.

Hurray for opinions.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey hey....... i saw a comercial today on speed channel...

G4TechTV is here.... (the replacement to tech tv im guessing?()

and they say call for help will be back@!!!

so hopefully that is good news for someof u..
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: