Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PacMan to beat all PacBoys that have come before
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
beard0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:27 pm   Post subject: PacMan to beat all PacBoys that have come before

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.This is the PacMan program that I have been writing over the last while. It comes with a level editor, and is pretty good, if I do say so myself. Have fun messing with it, and tell me if you find any bugs, so that I can correct them. Enjoy!

Pacman.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pacman.zip
 Filesize:  24.89 KB
 Downloaded:  398 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I found a bug...or at least i think it is a bug...are the guys supposed to stop when i collect the big dots
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hah, it's not a bug, it's a feature Laughing

but yes, in classic pacman you get to eat the bad guys for a short while, not go hyperactive and fly pass them.

anyways - it's a preaty solid game, well put together. Though AI defenatly needs improvement. They seem to just randomly run around Confused

Also tokens in editor are a bit buggy... You can't seem to delete the last one or something weird like that Confused

oh yeah +25Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe...some one is going to have a fit...hehehe...

Very nice. I liked it. Again, it ran fast on my comp...once again I'll suggest looking into FPS limits...

It crashed at one point when I tried to save a level I'd created. GUI problem though - closure of window w/ ID 1.

Which v. of Turing did you use?
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good job, the other thing is, the ghosts don't chase you...
beard0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I was using 4.0.4c -which I'm really looking forward to updating to 4.0.5 as soon as Holt sees fit to release to the general population.

Paul: What do you mean the ghosts don't chase you?

As for the crash during level editing, I had that happen to me as well once, and so I'm trying to figure out why it did. The noce thing was I ddin't lose my work:If that happens before I can figure out how to fix it, just take a screen shot and crop to the window edges, and just insert a Pic.ScreenLoad before the loop starts: It's all image based coding. For the tokens, you sometimes have to hold the mouse button down, which I'll be looking into fixing as well - just by the time I got it done, I was ready to stop coding and play for a while. Smile

I'll try to figure out something regarding speed - the ghosts freeze, I've got to add in an added delay because it's not taking time evaluating ghost movement, so it runs faster. On my comp, the delay is perfect, but I'll try to do something more time based.

By the way, if anyone has an interesting level they made, post it, or send it to me, and I'll include it in my next post.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, the ghosts seem to move up and down the paths, but not all of them take the closest path towards you, maybe its because they move faster/ same speed as pacman.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

delos... are u by chance talking about me? hahahah... now why would i do that..

anyways..
as Official 'PacMasta' it is my job to rate all pacman games..

what i liked:

-it was source... ppl can edit it and make it fit their playing desire..
also ppl can see how its done..
-simple, home made graphics.. < hey that takes a lot of time!
-has an AI <that also takes tiem and effoert.
-level editor! nice alows an endless num,ber of levels for endless gamepaly..

dislikes:

-slow as hell on my slow comp... having FPS or something liek that is badly needed... or even just ask user to enter speed.. then base delays on that speed...
-the default maze sucked hard core..
-not enuf default maps..

suggestions:

add some pazazz ( brighter colors, more.... lacking words here.. umm... fullness...) i dont know the words..
-make the default map better..
-include more levels that u made.. so ppl dont have to make a good one to play..

Overall Rating: c..

good job.. hers 7 bits..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: