Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 new site tell me what you think (Updated)
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
valor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:32 pm   Post subject: new site tell me what you think (Updated)

Since everybody (except Amailer) said that my site needed work and shouldnt be completely made in flash i have created a new webpage but i kept my intro. My new page(s) dont have as mush flash in them as my other ones. The only flash thing on my new site is my logo at the top.
enjoy.
www.vgforum.f2g.net
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, that is a good site.
Very nice, well done.

+10.6 (rounded->) 11
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ty, im still debating if i should keep it or if i should start working on a more flashier one Wink btw did you visit my forum?
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i think you should not make yours sites fully flash, some html would be good.. better for people who have slow conenctions also.
Full flash sites.. hmm they get... boring and.. not easily updatable..
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

looks pretty slick.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will admit... lookz SLICK.... but dont funciton well on slow computers..
took me foreever to acually get to ur content (ur 5 links)

and are u trying to be in a competition with me ryan? cuz i have double the users at my forum... and almost double the posts.... . and i started mine AFTER yours... << NOTE: when i made my forum his only had a couple sub forums ..... now he has copied lots of mine to boost his comunity.. ( i have like twenty)

but w/e

yea.. nice flash.... would be nice if it wasn;t a template....

anyways..

if u want a FORUM FOR EVERYONE < please visit http://www.forumz4all.tk as its name says... its for all...... his is a gaming forum.. < but with some extras like TV and movies *for some odd reason... Laughing

i really dont like plugging... i gave that up a long time ago.... but i think its FAIR since he pluged in my FLASH intro challenge .. earlier today.....

i like the layout of that flash page.... some html as mentioned would be nice tho....

good find on google..... flash site templates...
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol you want to talk to me about copying people? well lets see.... i had the idea to put a forum and a chat room on my website, and well what do you know all of a sudden you make a forum Confused and the only reason you have more people than me is because you were handing out little pieces of paper at school with your domain on them (me and my friends were laughing at that one Laughing ) oh and i didnt get that template off of google it came with macromedia flash mx *thanks kazaa* and i made my site completely in that.
BTW try learning how to do stuff yourself instead of offering to pay bits to someone else to do it for you...
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The fonts are ugly and not anti-aliased.

Also, a lot of the website could be in html/javascript which would make it run a lot nicer.

A lot of the website looks out of place. For example, in the beginning, the background looks awesome, but the font where it says 'forum' and 'games' makes me cringe.

You've got something nice started here, but it needs a lot of work before I'd call it finished. Also, look for ways to speed it up, it lags even on my computer.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will be learning JAVA next year.... but i dont now flash.. i except that... and i wont take credit for his work.. and his name will be on the main page.... i am getting this person to make it UNIQUE.. and to make my page look better...

yea ... good kazaa.... comes in handy!!!... in fact thats weird that u mentioned that.... cuz i almosted downloaded it today off a website i was viewing... to see what it takes to code in flash << and that was b4 i read ur post... freaky..

make things MYSELF... thats funny as hell.... can u say.. turing ? getting me to basically make the fricking thigns for u .... w/e! thats flyshit now..

true i handed out peioces of paper.... i was advertising my forum! that way i can GET more users.... that why i have riley... allan... robey,and bunch of others on my forum...

yea... well.... i made a forum... thats the ONLY thing i got from u.... and the chat thing... well.. i told u that one u had was crap and i suggested u get a homemade one... and i dont have a chat thing... i wanted one ... but i cant use it yet... i want one that is cool.. and customizable.. and having my OWN server.. not off some other website like spinchat...

and if i do use it (my chat progy)... i will put ur name on that html page saying... THANKS RYAN FOR THE IDEA! cuz i am a decent person.... also i will put that on my forum page somewhere... thansk to ryan for the idea... cuz i am an honest person...

u coded that in macromedia flash.... wow... im impressed.... did u acuall HARD code or what? either way... truely i am impressed.... i serious had thought u just got a template.. srry for belittling u on that..

but... thats that... i will stop spamming in ur thread now..

and also... drop this back and forth shit... its getting sad and childish...

i can say bad words to u to, but that would just make this worse or continue it..

lets just drop it here for the sake of compsci.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
The fonts are ugly and not anti-aliased.

I did tell u to get different fonts, did they give u the fla file or w/e for that site? if yes then u can edit it...
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well i'll go modify my site now (i thought it looked good for my first one) if it makes you guys happy i'll change the font and make it darker so it dont hurt the eyes as much (i'll admit that).
btw yeah sure i'll drop the argument.
valor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtf? why cant i open my work in flash mx? err help.... it says that it is protected or something plz tell me that i can open it Praying Praying Praying
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

type out full error or show us a SS Wink
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Does a flash website size itself relative to a user's screen size and res?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like ur new site and all, but I don't think its a great idea to make a site completely from flash, if its a big one, but urs is relatively small, so I think its ok. I wish I knew enough flash to make a cool splash image... but I learned photoshop, which is much easier.
check it out!
http://paulbian.f2g.net
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: