Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Firefox 0.9
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

err use styles for such things...look here
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

isn't that what it is right now?
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Mouse gestures use the right mouse button now
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you got the option to change that, and btw I fixed the tab problem Very Happy *about:config*
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I just got firefox... looks cool but I'm confused with the mouse gestures you're talking about...
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

new firefox ability that beats IE....

alternate text is showed Where the picture was..... instead of having to move mouse over the picture...!!!!!

this is really cool cuz i made a status indicator in html for my webserver..

a picture is at webserver that picture syasy online..
.then..... if that picture cant show (webserver down) then alt text is offline.... so it lookz like normal texts.... its wickled! GO FIREFOX!!

yea ... i formated comp right before i got new firefox ... so getting everyting again was no big deal.. only thing i forgot to backup was my firefox bookmark file Sad i backed up my IE tho.. Sad shitty!!!
lost 3 weeks of favourites...

anyone here have the java PLUGIN?
i know if u download the JRE runtime it comes with the plugin..,. except that pakage is 60 MB!! i have no harddrive space to waste like that......

anyone??

look into the settings of firefox.... in advanced u can turn off an option which is called ' Allow sites to install software'

if u disable that.... u dont get as many of those stupid GAIN ad's etc..... althop firefox already blocked some..... but thats a new thing to this version!
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i figured out those mouse gestures... awesome. However, compsci looks a little different in firefox, which bugs me. Oh well.
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes it does.. cuz there's some non-standard html/javascript/css coding into this site that works only on ie. hey who knows dan said he's working on v3. so lets wait and see.. these bugs could be fixed.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Has anybody else had weird problems with firefox0.9 on linux? It used to be that I would middle-mouse-click on a tab to close it, but now if I do that it'll go to a different website. Also, whenever I scroll (using middle mouse again), if I press the middle mouse button to stop scrolling, it'll take me to some (seemingly) random page. Sometimes it tries to make me to "www.google.wca" (no, that's not my typo), and once or twice to some IRS page. This is on Mandrake10.0 running enlightenment (it's even worse if I try to use kde). I'll check out the firefox message boards.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

firefox seems to run a lot faster than IE on my system as well. Very Happy
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it is..

only thing that takes longer is the initial loading time..... but after that.. pages load faster..

CTRL+ click to open in new tab ((for some noobs that may not know)

yea and its MUCH safer ... pop ups usually carry the GAIN software and viruses...

that JAVA thing is the only reall piss me off factor..

cuz i cant play some games... and cant use geocities pagebuilder...

ok.... thats IT... im getting thsoe mouse gestures....... i feel left out and everyones been ranting about them from the very start!
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Everything works perfect for me now Very Happy
*sigh*

type about:config to check out your config, and allow sutff if you wanna.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks amailer... thats wicked... never new so many optiolns!!!
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea all mozilla browsers include an about:config
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shit is their mouse gestured for win98??? i downloaded it off there except it was in .xpi <xp isntall format and i cant open that Sad

btw: A4Tech have a WICKED program for their mice..... if this small little program is running... if u middle mouse click u get a tiny menu to pop up.... from there u can open programs.... do actions like copy pasta... back forward.. refresh.... see whats on ur DESKTOP without minimizing everything.... TONS of crap.....

all this is customizable..

GO: A 4 Tech

their mice KICK ASS.... i had a noiseless p2p/serial scrool mouse... and it was da best ive ever had.... except my family broke the wire inside so it dont work well anymore.... <shorts out and whatnot...
Sad BASTARDS... and i got it for 10$ at a computer shop.... with that software disk with it and all.....

is the firefox mouse gestures like dat???

btw: whats the best theme for firefox ya'll ?? what do u use?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 8  [ 116 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: