Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Connect 4
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
romper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: Connect 4

I made this and fixed it up with all graphics, play many games and chillax and play connect 4 the way it was made to be played. If theres anything you think i should add let me know, give me some comments thanks!

final.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  final.t
 Filesize:  11.3 KB
 Downloaded:  420 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice work; but a comment on the gameplay: using the reccomended speed and delay settings of 5 if the person holds the mouse down for a little bit longer than a quick click they will accidentally do the next move. At least on my system, which is fairly fast.
romper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah i should fix that, at school it goes fast, at home it goes slow, on my laptop it goes fast. i donno :S lol. those settings are for my computer, laptops different same with school. i might look into some sorta computer stats that changes it auto for you depending on how fast your cpu is
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

look into Asian's FPS stuff http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=859

I've been through this question before, and there is no command to find the system's specs, so you have to work out something like Asian did.
romper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

kk's thanks .. I had another feature with it i have to add sometime when i get around it took away the black circle at the top of the screen when you got up there. In turing submissions is my connect 4 without the pic screen it just flashes the box without merging in behind the front. I'll look into Asian's FPS stuff though and see what i can come up with.
bryan_magnum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its really good, except that there were no piece placed in the middle and yet it said that i have won, when there clearly was no 4 in a row...?
romper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol yeah still working on that.. just today my computer is crashed on me so i've had to resort to my laptop for the internet lol. still connected to the internet on my crashed computer. I'm going to fix some things up and submit it again. i donno whats happened with the not winning completly.. or it saying theres a tie when clearly there isn't.. i should have the bugs fixed soon stay tuned Razz lol
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:49 am   Post subject: reply

bugs found!
first of all, y is it that after inserting like... i dont know, 30 pieces, the game ends, isnt it suppose to let you keep playing till one wins or the whole box is filled?
2nd, if one colum is full, you can still insert pieces into that colum, but it's not showing up anywhere, and it counts as a move
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: