Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 press shift 5 times
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: press shift 5 times

in xp, press shift very fast for 5 times, you get this weird pop up that says something about sticky thing... i've never been able to understand what that is, can anyone tell me in plain english please?

p.s. or chinese will do, lol
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It means that the modifier key remains active even after you let go of it.

Meaning with stickey keys active Shift, a = A

same as Shift+a = A
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: reply

oooooooooo~ ic! thanx
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i hate that shift thing soooooooooo much, i keep turing it off but windows seems to turn it back on. It makes no scecne realy, if some one aucaly whonted to turn it on why whoud they set it to shfit 5 times, it whould be so much easer to hold shift and hit a key rather then hit it 5 times then hit a key! Also the dam thing pops up a window when u do hit it 5 times so u go to deal with that as well. It whould make alot more seecen if it was set to a ctr-somting comand.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but the point is to use one key at a time... Confused say if you lost 9 of your 10 fingers Shocked

and I think you can set the shortcut for it yourself if you go like 5 menues in or something redicilous like that Rolling Eyes

shift*5 -> settings -> [stickey keys] settings -> [use shortcut] (uncheck)

that should last you atleast untill you reboot Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
but the point is to use one key at a time... Confused say if you lost 9 of your 10 fingers Shocked

Time for toe-typing... Yea, yea. I find it annoying too, but I don't press shift 5 times all that often so I can easily ignore it.
Mint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: Re: press shift 5 times

greenapplesodaex wrote:
in xp, press shift very fast for 5 times, you get this weird pop up that says something about sticky thing... i've never been able to understand what that is, can anyone tell me in plain english please?

p.s. or chinese will do, lol

I hate the sticky key thing, it's for idiots who can master the complexities of Caps Lock.
Mint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I guess, technicaly it's really not for idiots who can't figure out the Caps key, but I still hate Bill Gates.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: