Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what happens when a e-mail is blocked
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:56 am   Post subject: what happens when a e-mail is blocked

does the e-mail get sent back to the sender or just... vanish?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what do you mean? when a school board blocks e-mail access or when a certain e-mail just doesn't exists or is banned from the, let's say, hotmail network? Confused
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

It could reside on servers at the ISP or hotmail or whatever or they might delete it, but you usually get a message from the system that says "mail could not be delivered" and it has the text of your message like in a reply email.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It all depends on what progame is doing the blocking, it's setings and why.

For exmaple the spam blocker on compsci.ca will save a copy of the spam in a spam folder on the server. While any e-mails that are sent to non-exsiting compsci.ca e-mails will send back aswell as save a copy some where.

Another exmaple whould be that hotmail will send back the e-mail if your inbox is full and can not sotre anything.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:15 pm   Post subject: reply

cause i was thinking, it would be funny if you block yourself and send it to yourself and then it forms a loop, lol... but that's probably not gonna happen...
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

One way to find out.... Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:24 pm   Post subject: reply

Go Dan! you have my full support! (i will not take any responsibility if your mail box breaks... lol)
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

about doing wierd things with email... is it possible to make a simple application that will automatically generate mail and send it? i'm thinking that it is because of gay spammers... but I thought it would be funny to send 100 page emails of gibberish to people i dont like so their mailbox would get clogged. and if they use hotmail then it deletes some of their mail if they dont check it..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VB is easily integrated with Outlook... so you can do a whole bunch of stuff using that combination Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I get alot of spam on the compsci email for some reason, 90% of them innocent looking named, but with attachments and have nothing written except they're supposably virus safe because of one type of anti virus or some other, "norman antivirus" was the one I saw today.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: reply

o, my old account get like >1000 of those in my bulk mail per day! and about 70 get through to my in box... i dont know how they got through the virus detecting system...
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
VB is easily integrated with Outlook... so you can do a whole bunch of stuff using that combination Laughing

Is it possible with turing though? I wont be learning VB until next year.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

what happens when a e-mail is blocked

You don't get the email.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:

Is it possible with turing though?

is it possible to create an email client with turing? well theoretically you can write a shell in turing over an unencripted php script... but that's as close as you can get (unless someone has a better idea) and it would be easier to just write the compleat thing in PHP anyways Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

may be posable using the net comands if you mess with them and figger out the proctical.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: