Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pong
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Guacaquat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:23 am   Post subject: Pong

I'm sitting beside Hacker Dan right now. I'm in his programming class, and I made a submission for Turing.

...Right.

Summative -- Pong.t
 Description:
Uhgughughug.

Download
 Filename:  Summative -- Pong.t
 Filesize:  14.11 KB
 Downloaded:  504 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

A nice clean game. Some terrible grammer though!

Hmm..."Player 1 has Scored!"

Why do I get the feeling that Dan had more than just programming advice for this game... Thinking .
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked You can make pong for a summative in grade 12?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dont you use a more advanced language than turing in gr12?

I though VB is introduced in gr 11 compsci...
Guacaquat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: ...Yep.

Nah, Dan's in grade 12. I'm in grade 10. He's in the advanced class so he's in with us.

I made it by myself.

Burhughguhguhg.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, yeah... dan is the only one in grade 12 CS (using Java btw) so he's just using the gr10 lab. I've heard whole kinds of stories Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can hand in pong for grade 10 summativ? Shocked I guess things ARE different in WO...
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you kidding? the ISU project for gr11s in my school is a 2 player tic-tac-toe... in VB Laughing

so after you drop few buttons on the screen, you just write a line to alternate turns (*-1) and an if statement to check for win Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, so you just sit in a lab while there is a gr10 class going on and do your own thing and ignore the teacher?
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
you kidding? the ISU project for gr11s in my school is a 2 player tic-tac-toe... in VB Laughing

so after you drop few buttons on the screen, you just write a line to alternate turns (*-1) and an if statement to check for win Laughing

wtf? we have ppl attempting DDR, otheres making isometric RPGs, space shooters (with ripped off graphics), first person shooting games, CHESS, pacman, checkers, and other original games... Laughing all in grade 10, and most of those are done and working well... but then we're the smart class without 60% of the ppl failing a 2D array test.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we had some good stuff in our class too paul, but i would say my prog is probably #2 in terms of quality, and mabye #1 in terms of gameplay.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
Dan, so you just sit in a lab while there is a gr10 class going on and do your own thing and ignore the teacher?

yep Razz

Alougth when they had a student teacher teaching them i whould tell him about all the crazy unneed code he was adding to his exmaples.

There grade 10 class made alot better fianl projects then when i was in grade 10. When i was in grade 10 more then 1/2 the poleop made text based things that invaled inputing a number if even that.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Alougth when they had a student teacher teaching them i whould tell him about all the crazy unneed code he was adding to his exmaples.

There grade 10 class made alot better fianl projects then when i was in grade 10. When i was in grade 10 more then 1/2 the poleop made text based things that invaled inputing a number if even that.

Huh... I guess things do differ across schools, although my opinion is either the few good programmers or everyone going on compsci.ca has pushed the expectation up.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

most people in my class attempted something graphical... the funniest game was a maze where you die if you wander off the path, and the colour of the path and the rest of the screen is only +1 more in hex code, so you cant tell the difference.
we64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
most people in my class attempted something graphical... the funniest game was a maze where you die if you wander off the path, and the colour of the path and the rest of the screen is only +1 more in hex code, so you cant tell the difference.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I know who you are talking about... that guy think his game is ingenious... keep telling me my program is crap.... and his program is the best...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: